Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

I, for one, welcome our new mod overlord, GRUB

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

I, for one, welcome our new mod overlord, GRUB

Post by atomeyes »

congrats on the honour, grub.
make sure you give a tithe of your salary to charity, k?

:)

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

haha, thanks. i've been meaning to post something since it happened. no cause for alarm - i noticed that our "what's brewing" has frequent tangents that would be better left to separate threads, and so I volunteered to act as a mod and handle that sort of thing. You may have noticed "what's brewing" has shrunk by a few pages, and I still have a bit more to prune...

not looking to change or influence discussion, more just help Cass out with the tedium (and I'm guessing that he's not following along in here anyway).
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

grub wrote:haha, thanks. i've been meaning to post something since it happened. no cause for alarm - i noticed that our "what's brewing" has frequent tangents that would be better left to separate threads, and so I volunteered to act as a mod and handle that sort of thing. You may have noticed "what's brewing" has shrunk by a few pages, and I still have a bit more to prune...

not looking to change or influence discussion, more just help Cass out with the tedium (and I'm guessing that he's not following along in here anyway).
good. now things you need to work on:

1. a brewday for you and I
2. becoming the mod of the Events page, which is a fucking shitshow
3. getting discussions going on separate topics. like, there should be a brett thread vs What Are You Brewing Thread already. so many brettheads in Toronto now

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

yeah, i got about 15-20 pages into the "what's brewing" thread, splitting off a few conversations, but haven't got the rest of the way yet. the brett and bugs talks will definitely get split off to make them easier to find. I had also planned to post a thread like this one and suggest "more threads" rather than everything ending up there. Happy to help out both Cass and the brewing community.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/