Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2014 National Capital Home Brew Competition

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

codfishh

2014 National Capital Home Brew Competition

Post by codfishh »

Hi we would like to announce the 2014 National Capital Home Brew Competition.

The competition will coincide with the National Capital Craft Beer Festival to be held on the third weekend in August.

We would like to make this competition truly a national event, as such we've put together a dedicated team of volunteers from the Members of Barleyment home brew club in Ottawa and the Cornwall home brew club to help make sure the competition goes as smoothly as possible.

This will be a BJCP sanctioned competition, categories 1-23 will be accepted, no meads or ciders please.

There will be a limit of one entry per brewer per category.
The cost will be six dollars per entry.

We plan to have our competition included in the Canadian Brewer of the Year (http://www.canadianbreweroftheyear.com/)
and the Brewer of the Year (http://www.breweroftheyear.com/) competitions!

Entries will not be accepted after Thursday July 17th. Drop off locations and mailing addresses will be provided in the upcoming weeks.

The winners will be announced on Sunday August 17th during the final day of the National Craft Beer Festival.

Participants unable to attend will be notified by email that their beer or beers have won.

We are currently working on getting some great prizes, we will have more details about this in the coming weeks.

For questions or comments feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Phillip

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

What about the prizes from last year? When will those be sent to the winners?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

ercousin wrote:What about the prizes from last year? When will those be sent to the winners?
oooo....

give us the goods!

codfishh

Post by codfishh »

First off let me make it clear, this competition is under completely new management, the winners will still be announced at the National Capital Craft Beer festival, but the team running the comp is 100% different than the last two years.

I don't know the reason it took the prizes so long to be mailed out, I've sent emails to JP Fournier asking him on a few occasions. I just got an email back from him last night saying the last of the prizes are finally in the mail. That's all I know.

codfishh

Post by codfishh »

So registration is officially open for this years competition. We've got some awesome prizes, lots of brewery swag, gear from beergrains.com, two pro-am prizes one from Beau's and one from Cassel Brewery who are looking for the best Belgian IPA. Hope you all can get something brewed!

Thanks
Phillip.