Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Learn2Brew at Amsterdam

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kafercrazy

Learn2Brew at Amsterdam

Post by kafercrazy »

Has anyone here ever been to one of these?

It sounds like it would be fun for someone interested in starting to brew.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I went to the first one, and it was great. At the time I was an SOB, but as I was a stove-top brewer, I didn't brew.

There's so many ways that you can do things, so it'd be great to help newbies choose a path. They did actually have people brewing stove-top, using the brew in a bag technique, and even a huge dedicated setup with pumps & burners (Brutus?).

I had already been brewing for 5 years, but I picked up a few tips as well... For example, I still remember someone dipping the end of a hose into hot water before sliding it onto a spigot (so it would expand and easily slide on) and thinking that I had been such a moron for wrestling with that for years. So many little things.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

I brewed at last Fall's edition and it was a good time. Lots of unique setups, though mostly all grain.

If you have any interest in brewing please stop on by, the brewers will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Looks like we will have 2 setups from the Brew York club

Look forward to seeing everyone out there!
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole