Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Albino Rhino Beerfest 2015

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Timmy

Albino Rhino Beerfest 2015

Post by Timmy »

http://www.ticketscene.ca/events/12208/

Anyone going to this? I went last year and it was fantastic. A grass roots beer festival that seemed to go under the radar. I didn't see it here so I figured I would post it.

Its on the same weekend as the Niagara Food and Wine Expo.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

I'm going! Brewery list looks great with a number of names I'm not familiar with, must be breweries or contract operations local to H-W or St. Catherines.

Gary
Gary Gillman

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Just got back, a perfect festival with a fine range of beer choices, a nice cider option from a cidery in Niagara On The Lake, and observation of and beer from the brewery (permanent) in the basement of the former church (now arts centre) and around which the event was held.

A half-dozen food options or more rounded the great beer choice and atmosphere. Ridgeway, a quiet town founded by UEL late 1700's, was a perfect locale for this.

Extremely well done and kudos to Chad McGee for organizing such a stellar event.

Gary
Gary Gillman

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Agreed. Great fest. Beautiful day definitely helped. Kudos to Chad and his team for an awesome event.