Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goose Island Migration Week - May 26-29

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Goose Island Migration Week - May 26-29

Post by Cass »

First time this is in Toronto. Here's hoping that they have some one-offs.

No event details posted yet.

http://www.gooseisland.com/migrationWeek.html

Chris

Post by Chris »

Hopefully! I hate the fact that they were bought out, but at least they seem to be keeping things interesting!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I just took a look at a couple of the other events (in the US) on their website and they pretty much all seem to have Bourbon County beers and some have other rarer stuff like Lolita too. I guess we'll have to see if the importing rules prevents that here, but if not I expect this to be a hot ticket.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Looks like it's going to be more than one event. More like a series of events.
GTA Brews - Toronto's Homebrew Club - http://www.gtabrews.ca/

Eric's Brewing Blog - Advanced Homebrewing for the Intermediate Brewer - http://www.ericbrews.com/

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Nice!
I'd enjoy trying some other Goose Island offerings. Had the Bourbon County Brand Stout Vanilla Rye a while back and thought it was fantastic.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Hope one of these events ends up in the 905, on an evening or weekend I do not work for a change ;)
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Here's a juicy event:
Title: GOOSE ISLAND BEER CO. TAP TAKEOVER AT BANKNOTE BAR (King & Bathurst)

Date: Thursday, May 28, 2015

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Cost: FREE ENTRY

Event Details:

Goose Island is migrating north to Canada! Brewers and educators from Goose Island Beer Co. are coming from the Chicago brewery to host a “Tap Takeover” event at Toronto’s historic pub – the Banknote Bar – on Thursday, May 28 at 7 p.m. The flock from Chicago will be in Toronto to showcase a variety of distinct and rare Goose Island beers that will be available on all Banknote Bar taps for the night, including: Bourbon County Stout, the Ogden, Summer Ale, Honker’s Ale and the newly-launched Goose IPA.

Join the team from one of the most awarded craft breweries in Chicago to talk all things beer. Whether you fancy yourself a craft beer aficionado or a curious beer rookie, you won’t want to miss this one-night-only “Tap Takeover” from Goose Island.

Must be legal drinking age to attend.

To learn more about Goose Island’s history and portfolio, check out www.gooseisland.com

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Interesting spot to have it at. Real curious about the other 3 days!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

If Bourbon County is at one of the events, odds are it will be at all of them.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Really hoping this won't turn into a shit show... that may be wishful thinking though.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

The event(s) are up... I really hope there is more to come because it's looking like thursdays the big day.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'd have to think they'll add more events. There's a typo in their dates as they say Thursday is the 29th (it's the 28th).

BCS Barleywine on Thursday as well, that's also cool.
Wednesday, May 27

Event
Flash Flock

Time
3:00pm-9:00pm

Locations
House on Parliament
Betty's
PJ O'Brien's
Cold Tea
Clinton's Tavern
Drake Hotel

Description
We love people who drink Goose beer. We also love people who serve Goose beer. Join the Migration Week team as it migrates through the streets of Toronto enjoying Goose Island beers.

Thursday, May 29

Event
Celebration of Beer

Time
7:00pm-Close

Description
Celebration of Beer, a Goose Island Beer Company tradition hits the road. Some of our most treasured and rare beers leave the brewery to make a special appearance in Toronto.

Beers Showcased
IPA, Honkers, Sofie, Matilda, BCBS, BCS Barleywine, Ogden, Summer Ale

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I hope the "flash flock" events also feature these beers. They might be a little less crazy.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm onto my second 12-pack of Goose IPA, un-honking-believable. I never buy twelve packs as a rule.

It just really hits the spot for the price, while the Sierra Pale I'm mostly going to give away unfortunately.
In Beerum Veritas

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

so this starts tomorrow and the only real event is on thursday. No meeting of the chicago team, just one night of possible chaos? Pretty disappointed. Is it probably due to how strict our province is on alcohol?