Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Forest City Beer Fest - August 15th 2015

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

adventures_alc

Forest City Beer Fest - August 15th 2015

Post by adventures_alc »

Hey guys,

Don't want to be too self-promotional so I will keep it short. If anybody is in the London area I'd love to see you come by the fest!

Forest City Beer Fest is a free event
Saturday, August 15th, 2015
3:00 - 11:00 pm at Covent Garden Market
http://www.forestcitybeerfest.com/2015
http://www.forestcitybeerfest.com/vendors

We are doing some bookend events on Friday the 14th and Sunday the 16th as well.

FRIDAY
Jordan St John is hosting a talk at Attic Books.
Kym Wolfe, author of a London pub history book, is doing a walking tour of historic pubs.

SUNDAY
Toboggan brewing is hosting Brewmaster's Brunch.
This is a free brunch event for the public and industry to hang out and re-charge their batteries. There will be an 'industry insider' discussion panel with myself and Stephen Rich as hosts + special guests.

This is the 4th annual event. We started out in a small pub in 2012 and we are now coming out of the cocoon and spreading our wings a bit in progressively larger venues.

My philosophy behind the event is to get all the barriers out of the way and give people a chance to try new beers in a fun environment. For that reason the event is free and in the most public and open location we can find. I've tried hard to put in educational/hands-on/informative events beyond just sampling over the years. It can be tricky to get people interested in sitting down for a seminar or a talk when their friends are drinking beer and hanging out on the square outside. Hence, the more historical and educational events have been moved out of Saturday. I hope this helps people see a new side of beer but also a new side of London as well.

I hope the public likes it, but I also hope the brewers and reps see it as a fun and valuable use of time. We want to get the most people through to try new beers without it being a total piss up where little appreciation is going on.
Twitter: @fcbeerfest
www.forestcitybeerfest.com