Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ottawa Craft Beer Festival August 28th -30th 2015

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Ottawa Craft Beer Festival August 28th -30th 2015

Post by spinrsx »

https://www.ottawacraftbeerfestival.ca/ ... heFestival

I'm confused, a ticket is $15 and then you have to pay for beer on top of that? What exactly does the $15 entry get you? Just entry?

Mondiale in montreal has free admission.. and features world class beers..

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

They have always done it this way. I don't have a problem with some fee, but it would be nice to get a glass with that $15. I think the winter one was around the same price but with a glass?

What I don't like is how they have the one day pass as a completely open-ended ticket. You can show up any one day. No way they can control for crowds that way. I'm going tomorrow evening, expecting the worst.

This is the same gang that did the winter one at Landsdown AND the festibiere, right? Both were fun, although the beer at Landsdown in Feb wasn't anything to write home about.