Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Beers In Ottawa

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

The Mick

Bellwoods Beers In Ottawa

Post by The Mick »

Hey Ottawa Towellers,

Ever want to try those Bellwoods beers you read so much about on here, but never have the chance to make it to Toronto? Well here's your chance!

Sunday, January 18 @ Brothers Beer Bistro 5 different Bellwood beers will be available! 2 on draught, 3 in bottle.

This will be the kick off of their new 'Beer Club', where like minded beer geeks can get together and try some beers that are usually pretty hard to come by up here in the capital. The staff will also have some background on each of the beers and information on ingredients to help fuel conversation and really help you get your geek on.

There will be three seatings available for this event, each which has ten seats available, because there is a limited quantity of the beer. You can check seating times, price, or book a seat by calling Brothers (613 695 6300). A reservation will entitle you to a 6oz pour of each beer, and of course the great company of beer nerds.

Please note, that on the 18th the Bellwoods beers will only be available to those who reserve a seat at the bar for the Beer Club. The following day the beers will be available to all guests, but as mentioned, quantities are limited and we don't expect the beer to last many days past the release date.

I think that should cover it, but as mentioned, any questions regarding this, please contact Brothers.

Cheers, hope to see some of you there.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Damn!! Dotta get this booked!

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

Sorry boys and girls, quick edit to the original post: tickets can't be reserved for this until Monday 12th @ 2pm.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Any idea of what beer will be on tap? And what time the event?

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

rejtable wrote:Any idea of what beer will be on tap? And what time the event?
5:30, 7:30 and 9:30 seatings, 10 seats for each one (at the bar).

I believe they are serving Skeleton Key, Bring out your Dead, Grandma's Boy, Boogie Monster and something else.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

pushkinwow wrote:
rejtable wrote:Any idea of what beer will be on tap? And what time the event?
5:30, 7:30 and 9:30 seatings, 10 seats for each one (at the bar).

I believe they are serving Skeleton Key, Bring out your Dead, Grandma's Boy, Boogie Monster and something else.
That's one hell of an impressive bottle lineup for this event.

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

Hey team, quick update to let everyone know that this is selling out quite fast. We only have 8 spots left, all at 930, so if youre looking to come, dont wait too long or we might be sold out. I will post on here when we are so everyone knows.

The fifth beer will be Farmageddon. We have bottles of it, Skeleton Key and BOYD. Draught of the Boogie Monster and Grandmas Boy.

$40 per seat which also includes some snacks.

Cheers.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Nice idea with an excellent list of beers, but unfortunately Sunday evenings are the worst possible time of the week for me. Maybe I can catch some leftovers on Monday.

Is the first time Bellwoods has been on tap in Ottawa? Or bottles, even...

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Nice event. Too bad I just broke my foot. Makes getting around an ass of a time.