Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Upcoming at the Bow

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The events at the Bow & Arrow just don't stop! Coming up over the next couple of weeks:

October 19th: MacAuslan Cream Ale launch - 6-8 pm

October 30- November 4: 9th Birthday Celebrations
- Thurs: Steam Whistle Oyster Night 6-8 pm
- Fri: Small Brewers Night: Tasting and meet the brewers

There will be various other events and live music on the other days during the week.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

The Bow & Arrow's 9th Anniversary celebration starts tonight! Here's the agenda for the next few days:

Oct 30 - Guest appreciation day 5-7pm

Oct 31 - Pumpkin carving and costume contests all night

Nov 1 - Steam Whistle Oyster night 6-8pm

Nov 2 - Small Brewers Night; sample different types of beer and chat with the brewers (no time given)

Nov 3 - Rock & Blues night with a band called Catfish 9pm-1am

Nov 4 - Cape Breton style music with renowned artist Sandy MacIntyre 5-9pm

Be there!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I went to the customer appreciation night at the Bow on Tuesday, and it was a lot of fun. Lots of great beers on tap, including Durham's ESB & XXX on cask, Black Oak Pale, St. Ambroise Pale Ale, and others.

Tonight's small brewers night features four breweries: Black Oak, Durham, Robinson's and St. Andre. Check it out if you get a chance.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

I was at the Bow last night for their Steam Whistle Oyster night. For every pint of Steam Whistle you ordered, you got a voucher for two free oysters. Mark, the chef and Geoff Pinkham from Steam Whistle were the oyster opening and preparing experts. They had four different sauces to try with your oysters. Overall, an excellent shucking night!

I look forward to the Small Brewers night tonight.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

The Small Brewers night was a blast! Black Oak gave samples of their Pale Ale, St. Andrés gave samples of their Bohemian Style Lager, and Robinsons with their St. George's Pale Ale. Durham was a no show for some reason.

Good chats were had with the Presidents of these Brewers as they walked around to each table and introduced themselves and their beers. Draws for prizes were also made throughout the night.

The highlight was the news that Black Oak is working on a new beer for the holiday season to be called "Christmas Nutcracker". An official release party will be held in Oakville sometime this month or next month. I'll keep you posted. Also, on a personal note, Black Oak has agreed to deliver their fine brews in kegs to my house for my beer keg fridge. Oh yeah!!!

St. Andrés confirmed that they are also working on a new brew but could not give out any details as they'd have to kill me.

Robinson's confirmed that they will continue producing the beers they do now, including the C'est What Rye Beer. Not sure if they have any new beers planned for the near future.

Black Oak also confirmed that they are planning a Beer Dinner at the Bow & Arrow sometime in the next few months.

;-}