Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2015

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Very much depends on which session you are attending, at least WRT TTC options.

Gmas

Post by Gmas »

Looking for an extra session 4 ticket if anyone is selling? Have a friend who is getting into beer more and is interested in coming now.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Looks like the UK line up has finally been disclosed. I'm happy to see Smog Rocket return - I had it towards the end of my session last year and really enjoyed it but by then my faculties were greatly diminished. Will make a point to try it earlier on this time!

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

If anyone cares...Don't Drink Beer's recommendation from California are:

Monkish Hard Drive Problems
Beachwood Melrose
Smog City Hoptonic

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Last minute, but I'm looking for one ticket for session 4 if anyone is looking to get rid of one.

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

I was looking forward to some good milds and bitters. Any recommendations?

The UK ales are all American style. I want some East Kent, Fuggles and other British hops in my cask ale. Right now, a few BC breweries and House ales look the best.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

AugustusRex wrote:I was looking forward to some good milds and bitters. Any recommendations?

The UK ales are all American style. I want some East Kent, Fuggles and other British hops in my cask ale. Right now, a few BC breweries and House ales look the best.
Agreed. I'm definitely disappointed in the UK selection.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

AugustusRex wrote:I was looking forward to some good milds and bitters. Any recommendations?

a number of Ontario look interesting. If they work, they will be around town again (and again)
Reliable Beer Critic

melanoidin

Post by melanoidin »

If anyone wants to sell a Session 3 ticket, I would love to buy one! PM me! Or contact me through twitter: https://twitter.com/melaniecooke

jprime

Post by jprime »

Hey All,

I've got 2 session # 3 tickets for sale. Unfortunately I cant make it. 40 bucks each. Let me know.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

I have a Session 2 ticket + 2 bus tickets for sale. I'll sell them together for the face value of the ticket itself, saving $12. Send me a message on here..

I also have Session 3 ticket for sale too, face value.

Morrish

Post by Morrish »

3 Session # 3 (Saturday 2-6) tickets available. Face value. Can't make it any longer.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Last edited by MatttthewGeorge on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

alicia_wk

Post by alicia_wk »

jprime wrote:Hey All,

I've got 2 session # 3 tickets for sale. Unfortunately I cant make it. 40 bucks each. Let me know.
Hi! I would love to take one of those off your hands. Shoot me an email - aliciamaureenrobbins@gmail.com

alicia_wk

Post by alicia_wk »

Morrish wrote:3 Session # 3 (Saturday 2-6) tickets available. Face value. Can't make it any longer.
Hi! I would love to take one of those off your hands. Shoot me an email - aliciamaureenrobbins@gmail.com