Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BCBS 2015

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerguykw

BCBS 2015

Post by beerguykw »

Might as well get another thread started. I'm just looking for information from those individuals who have been lucky enough to get tickets. Can/do you get bottles of the BCBS series when you buy tickets? How many events do they have? etc. I'm going to try and attend something, just want to get some background info on best experiences, best chances of getting a few bottles to bring home.

Thanks

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I tried to get tickets to Black Friday in Chicago, and got screwed by my browser. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Oh well, FoBaB this weekend will have to do :)

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Cass wrote:I tried to get tickets to Black Friday in Chicago, and got screwed by my browser. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Oh well, FoBaB this weekend will have to do :)
Life is rough.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Any news on the LCBO Summerhill release tickets yet?
GTA Brews - Toronto's Homebrew Club - http://www.gtabrews.ca/

Eric's Brewing Blog - Advanced Homebrewing for the Intermediate Brewer - http://www.ericbrews.com/

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

ercousin wrote:Any news on the LCBO Summerhill release tickets yet?
Is it actually happening?

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

ercousin wrote:Any news on the LCBO Summerhill release tickets yet?
I assumed they would hand out tickets in line on the day of just like Westy.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

All we know for sure is it's in theory happening and there in theory be some form of tickets. The LCBO itself hasn't put anything out yet, to the best of my knowledge.

aofe

Post by aofe »

Anybody going down to Buffalo for the release? What's the best place? Premier/Consumers/Village Merchant/other?

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Premier posted that you can buy 2 bottles per person and that they are getting zero variants. I'm disappointed, i was hoping that with the move to larger bottles on the regular ans smaller on the hard to get variants that there would be a lot more available. Oh well, definitely passing on it this year since there are no variants and the regular is easy to trade for.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

ckoop wrote:Premier posted that you can buy 2 bottles per person and that they are getting zero variants. I'm disappointed, i was hoping that with the move to larger bottles on the regular ans smaller on the hard to get variants that there would be a lot more available. Oh well, definitely passing on it this year since there are no variants and the regular is easy to trade for.
I saw that too. Extremely disappointing.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

30 people in line at 7:20 AM

and no, i'm not one of them. better shit to do than wait outside for 2 hrs to buy a $35 beer lol

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

referring to the vanilla rye lcbo thing, eh? at first i read that related to premier and thought that seemed even nuttier for two beers.

anyway, looks like consumers will have it at most locations "starting" today, whatever that means. 3 pp limit.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I just got in line. Ticket 76.

It's on my way to work, so no biggie for me.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

In line as well, ticket number 79 (but I'm like 40th in line)... strange that you have to ask for a ticket

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

If you line up at the back they offer it to you.

The donuts are really good.