Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brooklyn Brewery Beer Dinner (Jan 12th & 13th 2015)

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jennifertamse

Brooklyn Brewery Beer Dinner (Jan 12th & 13th 2015)

Post by jennifertamse »

Brooklyn Teams up with Beertown & The Bauer Kitchen last minute for a couple of midweek suppers: 5 courses with beer pairings for $65++. Apparently the kitchen brigade will be led by a chef from Brooklyn itself.

Full event details can be found here: http://eepurl.com/bL0GJb

Whether you or not you come for supper, check out the beers on offer that night (pending approval from the oh-so-lovely, LCBO)

Beer Dinner Pairings:
Brooklyn Lager | American Amber Lager | 5.2% | APERITIF
Sorachi Ace | Saison/Farmhouse Ale | 7.2% | FIRST COURSE
**Wild Streak | Belgian Inspired Strong Golden Ale | 10.0% | SECOND COURSE
Local 1 | Belgian Inspired Strong Golden Ale | 9.0% | THIRD COURSE
K is for Kriek | American Wild Ale |10.1% | FOURTH COURSE
**Intensified Coffee Porter | American Porter | 11.8% | DESSERT

Beers on Tap:
Blast! | American Double IPA | 8.4%
Pilsner |German Pilsener | 5.1%
Brown Ale | American Brown Ale | 5.6%
**East IPA | English Style IPA | 6.9%
**Lord Sorachi | Imperial Saison | 9.5%

And a couple cases of the *****Black Chocolate Stout for the fans.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Pretty cool to see this happening in London and Waterloo. Though I'm jealous - living in Toronto, gotta give it up to the smaller cities.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

So we attended this in Waterloo last night, and I will say it was one of the best dinner pairing events we have ever been to, and at $65 maybe the best deal too. Andrew Gerson
http://brooklynbrewery.com/about/the-chef#welcome-link
did a great job representing Brooklyn and brought some great beer. The kitchen absolutely brought their A game! The Charcoal group in general has always had great facilities, staff, and kitchens, but their beer list has always been on the fence. Had multiple conversation with staff (including the CEO of the group) last night about why they don't need macro brewers, macro brewers needs them, and the variety of fantastic local breweries willing to fill those taps is everywhere. Kudos to them for already having Block 3, Innocente and Elora on tap and kudos to them for having this dinner. I think they were surprised themselves to sell this out on a January Wednesday. I think they continue to move in this direction and repeat with local brewers. I am looking at you Block 3 ;-)

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

NRman wrote:So we attended this in Waterloo last night, and I will say it was one of the best dinner pairing events we have ever been to, and at $65 maybe the best deal too. Andrew Gerson
http://brooklynbrewery.com/about/the-chef#welcome-link
did a great job representing Brooklyn and brought some great beer. The kitchen absolutely brought their A game! The Charcoal group in general has always had great facilities, staff, and kitchens, but their beer list has always been on the fence. Had multiple conversation with staff (including the CEO of the group) last night about why they don't need macro brewers, macro brewers needs them, and the variety of fantastic local breweries willing to fill those taps is everywhere. Kudos to them for already having Block 3, Innocente and Elora on tap and kudos to them for having this dinner. I think they were surprised themselves to sell this out on a January Wednesday. I think they continue to move in this direction and repeat with local brewers. I am looking at you Block 3 ;-)
Glad to hear it went well Terry. I was really disappointed that I wasn't able to make the London one. What was your favourite pairing of the night?
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott