Dieu Du Ciel Anniversary Party & Bottle Release

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

BakaGaijin

Dieu Du Ciel Anniversary Party & Bottle Release

Postby BakaGaijin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:56 pm

DDC is having a party and bottle release this weekend. Looks like some amazing beers will be available.

Here is a preview:

http://beerism.ca/2016/01/26/a-bottle-g ... the-scoop/
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Re: Dieu Du Ciel Anniversary Party & Bottle Release

Postby El Pinguino » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Pretty good list. List reminds me of when DDC had an event of BarVolo.....that was a fun one.
Provost Drunk

Postby Provost Drunk » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:15 pm

Peche Mortel aged in brandy/cognac barrels? Sounds like a delicious hybrid of classic Peche and BOYD.
Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Postby Craig » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:07 pm

I can't remember which BA version of Peche I got to try a while back, but I do remember thinking I liked the regular one better. Which isn't really criticism, since the original is amazing.
Provost Drunk

Postby Provost Drunk » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Craig wrote:I can't remember which BA version of Peche I got to try a while back, but I do remember thinking I liked the regular one better. Which isn't really criticism, since the original is amazing.

I had the bourbon barrel aged variety last year at Volo and had the same thought - it was good, but the bourbon notes almost distracted from the coffee. I've found that cognac/brandy barrel aging imparts more subtle flavours than bourbon (though my sample size is only 3). The original is a classic and needs no enhancements, but I'd still love to try this variation and see how it stacks up!
Coronaeus

Postby Coronaeus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Provost Drunk wrote:
Craig wrote:I can't remember which BA version of Peche I got to try a while back, but I do remember thinking I liked the regular one better. Which isn't really criticism, since the original is amazing.

I had the bourbon barrel aged variety last year at Volo and had the same thought - it was good, but the bourbon notes almost distracted from the coffee. I've found that cognac/brandy barrel aging imparts more subtle flavours than bourbon (though my sample size is only 3). The original is a classic and needs no enhancements, but I'd still love to try this variation and see how it stacks up!

Same. I love both the regular Peche and the Bourbon BA Peche but prefer the regular if allowed only one. However, I did like the Rum BA Aphrodisiaque more than the regular.

That list reminds me... I have a bottle of Exorciste aux Mures in the cellar that needs drinking!
BakaGaijin

Postby BakaGaijin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:33 pm

I found quite a difference between '11 Bourbon Peche and '13 Bourbon Peche. Rumour has it that '13 was actually blended with regular Peche. I had '11 at Peche Day in Montreal last year and it was simply incredible. Let's hope '15 is more like '11.
Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Postby Craig » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:42 pm

Provost Drunk wrote:

Agreed on all counts. It was probably the Bourbon one I tried.
admviolin

Postby admviolin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:47 am

Peche on Nitro is a religious experience. I wanted the BA version to blow me away and though it was good, the original is just one of those beers that stands apart.
DeMarco

Postby DeMarco » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:41 am

Will also throw my hat in the ring and say I enjoy reg peche vs ba peche (2014 bottle)
jeremyg

Postby jeremyg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:27 pm

my goodness that list

Return to “Beer Events”