Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dieu Du Ciel Anniversary Party & Bottle Release

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Dieu Du Ciel Anniversary Party & Bottle Release

Post by BakaGaijin »

DDC is having a party and bottle release this weekend. Looks like some amazing beers will be available.

Here is a preview:

http://beerism.ca/2016/01/26/a-bottle-g ... the-scoop/

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Pretty good list. List reminds me of when DDC had an event of BarVolo.....that was a fun one.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Peche Mortel aged in brandy/cognac barrels? Sounds like a delicious hybrid of classic Peche and BOYD.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I can't remember which BA version of Peche I got to try a while back, but I do remember thinking I liked the regular one better. Which isn't really criticism, since the original is amazing.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Craig wrote:I can't remember which BA version of Peche I got to try a while back, but I do remember thinking I liked the regular one better. Which isn't really criticism, since the original is amazing.
I had the bourbon barrel aged variety last year at Volo and had the same thought - it was good, but the bourbon notes almost distracted from the coffee. I've found that cognac/brandy barrel aging imparts more subtle flavours than bourbon (though my sample size is only 3). The original is a classic and needs no enhancements, but I'd still love to try this variation and see how it stacks up!

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Provost Drunk wrote:
Craig wrote:I can't remember which BA version of Peche I got to try a while back, but I do remember thinking I liked the regular one better. Which isn't really criticism, since the original is amazing.
I had the bourbon barrel aged variety last year at Volo and had the same thought - it was good, but the bourbon notes almost distracted from the coffee. I've found that cognac/brandy barrel aging imparts more subtle flavours than bourbon (though my sample size is only 3). The original is a classic and needs no enhancements, but I'd still love to try this variation and see how it stacks up!

Same. I love both the regular Peche and the Bourbon BA Peche but prefer the regular if allowed only one. However, I did like the Rum BA Aphrodisiaque more than the regular.

That list reminds me... I have a bottle of Exorciste aux Mures in the cellar that needs drinking!

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

I found quite a difference between '11 Bourbon Peche and '13 Bourbon Peche. Rumour has it that '13 was actually blended with regular Peche. I had '11 at Peche Day in Montreal last year and it was simply incredible. Let's hope '15 is more like '11.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Provost Drunk wrote:
Agreed on all counts. It was probably the Bourbon one I tried.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Peche on Nitro is a religious experience. I wanted the BA version to blow me away and though it was good, the original is just one of those beers that stands apart.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Will also throw my hat in the ring and say I enjoy reg peche vs ba peche (2014 bottle)

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

my goodness that list