Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

GLB Sunnyside Session IPA Launch / LCBO Growler Tap Takeover

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Pub Style
Bar Fly

GLB Sunnyside Session IPA Launch / LCBO Growler Tap Takeover

Post by Pub Style »

Sunnyside Session IPA launch details...

The newest member of the Tank Ten series will be launched on Saturday May 14th at the Summerhill LCBO at 1pm. It will kickoff our Tap Takeover event at their growler shop and will join THRUST! an IPA, Gilligan Is Still Dead Guava Saison and Simple Life Grisette on the taps, which customers will be able to sample and take home growlers.

There will also be food samples provided by our dear friends at Bar Hop and Mike Lackey (Brew Master) will be on hand throughout the day taking questions about GLB, the beers, brewing and more. Peter Bulut, Owner of GLB, will also be on-site to answer any questions about the brewery.

473ml cans will start showing up on LCBO shelves the same day, retailing for $2.80 each.

It will also be available at the GLB retail store starting at 12pm on Sunday May 15th.

Following the conclusion of the launch at 5pm, members of GLB will be heading down to C'est What to enjoy some pints of Sunnyside Session IPA as C'est What will be the only location in Ontario, other than the LCBO, to have a keg of the new beer.

MattS

Post by MattS »

How does this compare to Limp Puppet? Is it a replacement for it?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Awesome. we needed another session IPA*

*Note that Great Lakes' at least has the potential to be good.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

GLB has the potential but that said I was not a fan of Limp Puppet.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I'm sure this will be tasty session IPA that I will likely grab a few of.......I do however find the vast majority of them to be total horseshit though.