Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goose Island Migration Week 2016 - Aug 8-12

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

the industry night on Wednesday night was really great.

believe it or not, but it looked underattended.

everything was on tap (and free). drank Juliette and BCBS from 7 until 11.
Juliette was drinking amazing. tried the othes and didn't love. Halia was the favourite of some of my friends, but i didn't dig it al that much.
Madame Rose is an ok beer but not a great flanders red.

BCBS was drinking really, really nicely.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

DeMarco wrote:I went and I was really disappointed I went. Should've showed up prior to 7, but I was basing my experience on how last year went down (aka BCBS was available the day after). I arrived at 7:30pm, waited in a 30 person line up only to find out all the sours and BCBS were tapped out minus madame rose when I had my turn at the bar (around 8pm). I guess BCBS was tapped out at 7:30pm.

Drank my beverage and left.
Yeah, it looked like some running club made it into their summer event, as the place was absolutely rammed with extra-sweaty bodies (it was an extremely hot day) right from the moment the doors opened. Even if you arrived at 7:00 p.m. or before, whatever you ordered on your first trip to the bar was all you were getting (except for the commonly available beers like Sofie, Matilda, Honkers and IPA). I was smart enough to order a BCBS right away, but too dumb to realize I should have ordered something else too at that time. Almost everything gone once I lined up and tried a second time - I believe Juliet and perhaps one other of the "special pours" still available, but BCBS, IIPA, Lolita and Madame Rose definitely out at or just before 8 p.m. Oh well. The BCBS was outstanding, and pretty good value too to get a decent pour of it (albeit foaming like mad) for five bucks, considering the retail price of a bottle.