Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2016

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Beer list has been updated again. Now with the Excel list too.
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Oh, I'm probably going to go to the Friday afternoon session so I have one ticket plus pre-purchased tokens available for that instead of two. Or if you just want the ticket, I can keep the tokens. Details in a previous post in this thread.
lister

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Now to sit down and prioritize the 60+ beers that I want to try.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I bought a baller pass this year...as a treat to myself, and so that I don't have to go "crazy" in 1 session.
Also, taking November off from alcohol....so really looking forward to Cask Days!

Anyone heard more about that sour beer event that is supposed to be happening as a satellite event?

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

ChrisK wrote:Now to sit down and prioritize the 60+ beers that I want to try.
I've got 72 that I would drink, 24 that I would seek out if available
Reliable Beer Critic

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

northyorksammy wrote:
ChrisK wrote:Now to sit down and prioritize the 60+ beers that I want to try.
I've got 72 that I would drink, 24 that I would seek out if available
I always go with 16 tokens and I'm more than satisfied by the end. There are just so many interesting offerings this year. I'm sure I'll be happy no matter what I'm able to get a hold of. I just hope I don't find that too many are sold out when I get there.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

lister wrote:Beer list has been updated again. Now with the Excel list too.
Any significant differences from the original list?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

JerCraigs wrote:
lister wrote:Beer list has been updated again. Now with the Excel list too.
Any significant differences from the original list?
Numbers were added. Homebrews are in the Excel spreadsheet with the latest update.

Otherwise can't tell. I'll be going over my list again this weekend to see if there's anything new, to prioritize and divvy up across two sessions.
lister

B8844

Post by B8844 »

Anyone have an extra ticket for Saturday session 3? Would be happy to buy it off you.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

El Pinguino wrote:I bought a baller pass this year...as a treat to myself, and so that I don't have to go "crazy" in 1 session.
Also, taking November off from alcohol....so really looking forward to Cask Days!

Anyone heard more about that sour beer event that is supposed to be happening as a satellite event?
sounds like more than one event, an Oregon and a Canadian one. Though I do not have any details
Reliable Beer Critic

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I have two tickets to the Saturday night session for sale. $80 for the pair (I'll eat the service charges).

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Cask Days ticket for sale. Circumstances have left me with an extra ticket. I have one ticket available for the Friday afternoon session.

50% off $21.32!

Session 1 Friday Afternoon
1pm-5pm
1 ticket = $35
$3.36 service charge
$4.28 online processing fee
= $42.64 / 2 = $21.32

Ticket includes:
4x food/drink tokens ($10 value), 12th Annual Cask Days glass and festival guide.

PM me.
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Sold!
lister

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

hey guys, i'm selling one saturday evening early access ticket (admission at 7pm instead of 8pm), plus 8 extra tokens. asking for $70 ($50 for ticket, $20 for tokens). PM me please

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Gavin wrote:I have two tickets to the Saturday night session for sale. $80 for the pair (I'll eat the service charges).
Tix still available and I'm open to offers.