Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Thin Man Brewery 1st Anniversary - June 17

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Thin Man Brewery 1st Anniversary - June 17

Post by Cass »

I was in Buffalo this week and went to Thin Man for the first time. Very nice place and lots of thanks to Mike for showing me around. While I was there he mentioned his 1st anniversary party coming up on the 17th. They're going to close the street down in front of the pub & sounds like a great time.

Thin Man Brewery's First Anniversary Summer Solstice Street Festival.

June 17, 2017 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM

*All attendees must be 21 and over*

Come celebrate our one year anniversary with us as we close Elmwood Avenue between Utica Street and Hodge Avenue for a day filled with food, beer and music!

Chef Bruce will be roasting a pig as well as creating a delicious seafood boil. Dino and Todd will be grilling up Allen Burger Venture burgers, as well as salads, hot dogs, and more!

Both bars inside will be open for full beer, wine, and cocktail service as well as a beer truck outdoors for quick access.

Entertainment for the night will be supplied by some of our favorite local musicians, most bands including Shatzel Group staff and employees:

Aircraft
RADARADA
First Ward
The CPX
* Dr Ooo (Drew Hartman)
Super-Tugger
Uncle Ben's Remedy
Samuel Marabella and His Band
Ten Cent Howl
Church Key Social

Tickets:

GENERAL ADMISSION: $10 advance / $15 day-of

Includes:
- Entrance to the Festival
- One Thin Man pint glass
- Your first beer fill

-----------

VIP: $20 advance / $25 day-of

Includes:
- Entrance to the Thin Man Summer Solstice Street Festival
- Your first beer fill
- An event t-shirt
- Second floor access during the festival - which includes a second bar and additional bathrooms.

-----------

Executive VIP: $100 (only 50 available)

Includes:
- Entrance to the Thin Man Summer Solstice Street Festival
- An event t-shirt
- Access to the entire festival and facility, specifically the second floor outdoor patio overlooking the event.
- Full open bar all day at any of the bars (with the outdoor patio bar dedicated to exec vip only)
- Food throughout the day as it is prepared below (including pig roast, salads, ABV burgers, seafood boil, etc)
- Cask tappings every few hours
- Exclusive bottle pours.
- All of this with full table and cocktail service for food and drinks.
** Only 50 available **

Buy tickets online:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thin-man-b ... 3474316582

Parking is available in the Gallagher Ramp directly across from Thin Man Brewery.

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

Thanks for the promo Cass, sorry I couldn't meet up with you - I was in Toronto for the Nick cave show!

Bartowel exclusive announcement: we'll be releasing out 1st anniversary beer that day, a Brett fermented IPA brewed w. Motueka, Citra & orange zest. It's tasting really nice.

Hope to see some bartowel folks!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

rudolf wrote:Thanks for the promo Cass, sorry I couldn't meet up with you - I was in Toronto for the Nick cave show!
Yeah it sounded like from Mike we were ships in the night that day!

Thanks for the scoop & hopefully I can make it down!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Thanks Cass and Rudy, I'm itching for an excuse to head to Elmwood in Buffalo.

Great neighbourhood, great people.
In Beerum Veritas