Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Toronto Beer Week 2017

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Toronto Beer Week 2017

Post by Cass »

Lots going on this weekend and next week for Toronto Beer Week.

http://torontobeerweek.com/

Here's a few of the things that I'll be involved in:

http://www.bartowel.com/toronto-beer-we ... -tomorrow/

Contest for tix to the Innis & Gunn event - email your name to innisandgunn@bartowel.com and I'll do a draw.

Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Do women craft beer drinkers seek out berliner weisse after trying them?!? Oops!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

BakaGaijin wrote:Do women craft beer drinkers seek out berliner weisse after trying them?!? Oops!
Is there some context to this that I'm missing?

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Craig wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:Do women craft beer drinkers seek out berliner weisse after trying them?!? Oops!
Is there some context to this that I'm missing?
They pulled the page, but Google still has it in their cache. See paragraph 4:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=ca

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Woof.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Who was the super genius behind that write up?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

We occasionally receive guest submissions for our content, and we used this one in the beer guide. I’ll be honest and admit that i didn't proof this beyond the first half, otherwise that sentence would have been edited out. TBW is about broadening the audience for craft beer, and not encouraging inaccurate stereotypes that could turn people off. We’re profoundly sorry for any offence caused, and we certainly do not hold the view that palates differ based on gender. Its certainly not played out in our friends and family, and I do not believe any research supports this existing in wider society.

Just an aside on TBW. This is a non-profit organization run by guys and gals who do this in their spare time. We don't get paid and we do it because we care passionately about craft beer. However, we’re not doing this as our 9-5, we’re doing it after working our day jobs, after spending time with family, and after putting the kids to bed. In circumstances like this, mistakes occasionally happen. The beer guide in itself is an immense logistical challenge, and ate up every evening for two weeks. With deadlines on the horizon, babies crying and a wife wondering why you’re spending so much time on the computer, a few calculated sacrifices happen, and you hope they don’t end up burning you.

I hope people can look beyond this and enjoy the week. We’ve got a lot going on, and it doesn’t matter what your gender or background is, because we have a great opportunity to celebrate our city’s bars, and the beers you find in them. Toronto’s beer tastes great whoever you are.