Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2017

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Provost Drunk

Cask Days 2017

Post by Provost Drunk »

Surprised that there isn't already a thread going for Cask Days this year.

List of participating breweries is now out:

http://festival.caskdays.com/producers

In addition to the NY feature, there are some returning breweries from Oregon and California from years' past and a few from Maine as well.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I personally don't really pay attention to all the pre-announcements. It's the full beer list that I'm excited to see! Fair play to those who do want to see it though. Adds to the fun!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Yeah I'm waiting for the full beer list too. I wish they could be confirmed and released earlier, preferably ahead of when tickets go on sale. *HINT* *HINT* Festival organizers... I've pretty much stopped going to other festivals because of this.
lister

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Looking for someone to trade two general admission Session 3 or 4 tickets (yours) for two general admission Session 2 tickets (mine).

bm87

Post by bm87 »

I have 1 ticket to "Ralph's Reality Tour" during the Saturday afternoon (12-5pm) session for sale. Unfortunately I have to be out of town that weekend.

I paid $102, tax included, willing to entertain any offer.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

https://twitter.com/CaskDays/status/916313694342123521

"The beer list will be announced the day before the event"

:-? :( :x ?!?!?!?!
lister

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

That's annoying.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Yeah no kidding. I like some time to figure out what I'll be having. Especially this year since I'm only going one day. Sigh! :evil:
lister

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I feel your pain. I think last year I looked up nearly every damn beer on untappd then made a list of what I wanted to try.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

It's got to be super hard to reliably put out a list of the beers that will actually make it to a festival, especially when you're going with cask beers. I get why they struggle to get it to us promptly.

That said, the imports must be known a little in advance. It would be nice to just get that list a few days ahead, especially since that's where I'm going to do most of my research.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

That's horrible news regarding the release date of the beer list. I'm out of town on business the day before the event; I have no idea how I'll find the time to figure out what to target. I'm a huge fan of this event, but I do intend to drop an email to the organizers to express my concern with the lack of notice and I encourage others to do the same in hopes of improving things for future years. I understand it's not feasible to get the list out when tickets go on sale, and I am ok buying on blind faith that there will be enough interesting beers to make it worthwhile. But this isn't like one of those typical beerfests where you can casually stroll through the vendors and figure out what's pouring on the spot. The sheer size of the event in terms of both beer list and number of people demands that you come in with a plan of attack or risk missing out.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

I followed through and sent an email. Tomas was god enough to send a quick response and apparently they will now release the list the Monday before the festival, which makes a huge difference and has put my mind at ease.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Provost Drunk wrote:I followed through and sent an email. Tomas was god enough to send a quick response and apparently they will now release the list the Monday before the festival, which makes a huge difference and has put my mind at ease.
agree
Reliable Beer Critic

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

FOBAB in Chicago doesn't release their beer list until you walk in the front door. Last year they had 400 beers. I kind of like the surprise of walking in and exploring, but I understand that people want to target certain beers to try.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Good to know they're releasing it earlier now.
lister