Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Off-flavour Class in Toronto

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Beerology

Off-flavour Class in Toronto

Post by Beerology »

Hi all,

I thought I'd take a moment to tell you about my upcoming Off-flavour class at Lansdowne Brewery, in Toronto:

Have you ever had a pint that just didn't taste right & wondered why it tasted that way?...Beerology Sensory Evaluation Workshops are an interactive way to learn about the most common off-flavours that can occur in beer and where they come from. This workshop is run by Master Cicerone, Mirella Amato, who developed it in 2012 and fine-tunes it yearly based on new findings and brewing trends.

This three-day in-depth workshop will allow participants to familiarize themselves with the mouthfeel, aroma and taste associated with a range of common off-flavours, followed by a discussion on how this off-flavour is introduced to beer and how to best avoid it. The final session allows participants to test their newfound knowledge and off-flavour recognition skills through a blind tasting.

Ideal for brewers, homebrewes, bar managers and prospective Cicerones, this workshop is open to anyone who is curious to learn more about off-flavours in beer. Here are some testimonials:
"Perfect for everyone or anyone who is in the beer industry”
- Rob Morra, Beau's All Natural Brewing Co.
"Highly recommended for beer industry professionals. A fun way to learn and hone your palate. You will not only be
knowledgeable but you will sound knowledgeable as well”
-Rob Mulvihill, Amsterdam Brewery
"Loved the course, wish it were longer. I’ll be back”
-Jarvis Taylor, Godspeed Brewery.

The class runs from Nov 24-26, 12:00-3:00pm
Tickets & Info: https://offbeertoronto2017.eventbrite.ca

If you have any questions at all, you know where to find me!

Mirella
tastings@beerology.ca
- Mirella