Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BCBS Black Friday in TO - Nov 24

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

BCBS Black Friday in TO - Nov 24

Post by Cass »

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/black-frid ... 9526347369
Join us on November 24th for a limited release of Goose Island Beer Company's 2017 Bourbon County Stout!
This ticket will GUARANTEE one (1) 10oz pour from 5pm - 6pm only. Due to demand, please note that any remaining product will become available to the general public starting at 6pm and we may be unable to fulfill your pour after this time.
Your $20 ticket includes:
1 x 10oz draught pour of BCS from 5 - 6pm only
1 x 12oz custom BCS tulip glass - yours to take home
Chance to meet our Head Brewer Bern Priest-Blais

Available at Additional Cost:
BCS T-Shirts ($20)
Brewer Curated Beer Flights ($12)
Chef & Brewer Curated Charcuterie Board

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Seems like a better deal to just show up at 6 and hope they arent sold out? Unless they are charging the same amount after 6.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

They are also doing a bottle release as part of an "LCBO Pop-Up Store" on 600 King St. West starting at 9:30am on Fri Nov 24.

Not sure what the pricing would be for the draught. I stopped in yesterday but they had already kicked the Halia which was a couple of days ago. They had Matilta and Sofie on for $15/glass so I suspect it would be in that range, if not a bit more.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'm planning on going to the tasting at 5pm if anyone else is - say hi!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

There was a nice lineup for the bottle release this morning but by no means was it over-subscribed. I think anyone wanting a second bottle was able to get one.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I thought this year's BCBS was tremendous on draught. It has a luscious, viscous mouthfeel and is just bursting with chocolate malt,licorice, prune etc. I would rather root for Bellwoods over AB InBev as much as the next guy, but I have to say I preferred BCBS to BYOD, judged draught vs draught. Obviously with aging the bottled versions will mature and that could change. (And they are both excellent barrel aged imperial stouts; not trying to say there is anything wrong with BYOD, just comparing levels of excellence).

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

midlife crisis wrote:... but I have to say I preferred BCBS to BYOD, judged draught vs draught...
:-? Is that Bring Your Own Dead? ^ I didn't realize Trafalgar had a new product out!
In Beerum Veritas

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Lol. Make that BOYD. Dept. of Dyslexia out.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Yeah, BCBS was tasting great on draught on Friday. It wasn't too busy during the ticketed hour, and then at 6pm anyone could have walked in and ordered it from the bar.

I stayed for a 2nd glass, because why not. It was $15 for 10oz pour which is pretty great IMO.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

midlife crisis wrote:I thought this year's BCBS was tremendous on draught. It has a luscious, viscous mouthfeel and is just bursting with chocolate malt,licorice, prune etc. I would rather root for Bellwoods over AB InBev as much as the next guy, but I have to say I preferred BCBS to BYOD, judged draught vs draught. Obviously with aging the bottled versions will mature and that could change. (And they are both excellent barrel aged imperial stouts; not trying to say there is anything wrong with BYOD, just comparing levels of excellence).
Just posted my thoughts in the "What you're drinking right now thread", and I generally agree with you.