Amsterdam Double Tempest Day - Nov 25
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:46 pm
We'd like to invite you to join us for Double Tempest Day 2017. Now in it's 5th year, our award winning Barrel Aged Imperial Stout has returned and is being bottled as we speak at our Leaside Brewery. Most recently our 2017 Batch won Gold at the Ontario Brewing Awards and Bronze at the 2016 World Beer Awards. This isn’t your average beer!
Facebook Page Link: http://bit.ly/xxtempest2017
This edition of Double Tempest was aged for 8 months in Heaven Hill's Bourbon Barrels and features rich flavours full of dense chocolate, deep malt accents and a sweet bourbon oak finish. We encourage sharing this beer with friends or comparing it with past editions that you have stored away. (Age up to 3 years).
Here's all the fun details:
On sale at our Retail Stores at 45 Esandar Drive and 245 Queens Quay
- This year both of our shops will be opening at 12 noon. There will be a 3 bottle limit per customer on Double Tempest, as our yield is a bit smaller this year, making it extra special!
- There will be a coffee station available as people wait, we want to keep you warm while you’re hanging out in line!
- Other special releases coming out this day will be announced on our social media @amsterdambeer
BrewHouse Happenings (87 Laird Drive)
- We'll be offering special flights (1 flight for $7 of 4 samples), including Leaside exclusives, Double Tempest 2017 and other special beer surprises.
Barrel House Happenings (247 Queens Quay)
- Musical entertainment by Mista Jiggz and Mama Said Revolution (MSR)
- Gourmet food stations and speciality beers on sample including Double Tempest 2017
- Tokens are $3 each and are to be purchased at the door. Food will be 2 tokens, smaller pours will be 1 token and larger pours will be 2 tokens. Some beers will be limited to smaller pours.
- And yes, we will have a bottle check for those early purchasers who want to come enjoy the party.