Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

CNE + Craft Beer Fest

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

CNE + Craft Beer Fest

Post by beerstodiscover »

I went to the Ex on a whim last night and the Craft Beer Fest was on. It was $2.50 for 4-5 oz. pours. About 4 beers on offer from about 10 mid-tier Ontario breweries. I got to try stuff from Market Brewing which was really good — their Juicilicious dry-hopped sour stole the show. The event is nice because you can wander around the space with your drink and get food from the trucks. Elsewhere at the CNE (like in the the rest of Ontario) you are penned into a enclosed area whilst consuming your beverage.

Last year I enjoyed the Craft Taps bar near the midway which had a selection of Sawdust City brews. This year the same bar, still named Craft Taps, has a single tap pouring Steam Whistle. :(

Also of note, Muskoka is not pouring Mad Tom at the Beer Fest or their Beach Bar on the grounds.

I didn't have a chance to check out what was on offer at the Wine Garden inside Enercare Centre.