Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Winking Judge?

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Beermat

Winking Judge?

Post by Beermat »

Has anyone heard about a Winking Judge October beer fest this year? The last time I was there they were talking about October 2, but there's nothing on their website.

Nick

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Saturday, October 2nd from 2:00-4:00pm. Tickets $50.00pp. Always a good time.

Slainte,
Jeff

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Thanks for the update, but only until 2-4 this year? That seems VERY short. Any word on the meal this time around?

Andrew

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

No, 2:00-6:00pm. Roast beef I think.

Jeff

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi There
A few weeks back I harvested some of the patio hops from the back of the Winking Judge. There was no full moon. But I tried to pull a few.
Into 2 clear plastic freezer bags went my harvest. I was lucky not to be pulled over by the police and have to explain what was in the bags.
We dried the hops out and carefully dumped them in to an open cask while we did the really clean hop addition dance.
So its something different to look forward to and we really don't know whats going to happen. So for all you in attendance, I'll be experimenting on you (heh-heh-heh). 8)
My guess is the hops will have a slight nicotine flavour. It is believed that they are Hallertaurer.
Lets find out what its going to be?
Look forward to seeing you there.
Cheers
Ken

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

I couldn't make the Fest this time around. How was it?