Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Spring Cask Days?

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

detritus
Bar Fly

Spring Cask Days?

Post by detritus »

The Volo website appears to indicate that the will be a cask days running this spring. Wooo!

-Josh

mds

Post by mds »

detritus wrote:The Volo website appears to indicate that the will be a cask days running this spring. Wooo!

-Josh
YAEIGTM
(Yet Another Event I'm Going To Miss)

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I've heard rumblings about this, it will be on a much smaller scale than the previous one is my understanding. I think Ralph and company are just settling on a date range right now.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

I was informed that it's going to be about 4 or 5 beers brewed especially for this event. No existing beers that have been tweaked are allowed, it has to be totally new stuff which is an excellent idea. The beginning of June has been mentioned as a possible date.

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Torontoblue wrote:I was informed that it's going to be about 4 or 5 beers brewed especially for this event. No existing beers that have been tweaked are allowed, it has to be totally new stuff which is an excellent idea. The beginning of June has been mentioned as a possible date.
Hopefully it will be arranged so as to not conflict with the Mondiale...

-Josh

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

tupalev wrote:I've heard rumblings about this, it will be on a much smaller scale than the previous one is my understanding. I think Ralph and company are just settling on a date range right now.
Be sure to tell him that if its prior to May 1 I may have to shoot him :)

Kidding! ... mostly...

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

It is after the Mondiale, possibly the following week.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

Torontoblue wrote:It is after the Mondiale, possibly the following week.
Crap....If its the weekend after Mondial i'll be on a plane to San Francisco making me 0 fer 2 at Volo's Cask fests :-? :cry:

Later

DT
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

It's the summer, people have stuff (beer and non beer related) going on every weekend, so not everyone will be able to make it. And I'll hardly have sympathy for those who can't if they are at Mondial (a decent beer fest I hear) or San Fran (one of the best beer cities in North America if my recent brewpub / beer bar crawl there is any indication) :wink:

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Be sure to tell him that if its prior to May 1 I may have to shoot him

Kidding! ... mostly...
Wow Jer, first you base your criticism of a pretty decent beer article on a beer that isn't even mentioned in it, and then you threaten to off the city's most caring proprietor - get back to the books man, regain your sanity, and call us when you're back in our province.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

tupalev wrote:

Kidding! ... mostly...
Wow Jer, first you base your criticism of a pretty decent beer article on a beer that isn't even mentioned in it, and then you threaten to off the city's most caring proprietor - get back to the books man, regain your sanity, and call us when you're back in our province.
The books are his problem - he needs more beer! :lol:

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

tupalev wrote:

Kidding! ... mostly...
:roll: ... Ok so i don't actually have a witty response to that one. sigh.
<opts to futily shake fist at Jeff instead>

hehe

RyanWright

Post by RyanWright »

I can't wait for this event again! I will be there.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Me too!
"Every day above ground is a good one."

Sambo

Post by Sambo »

weekend after Modiale