Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Volo Cask Day 2006

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SFTM

Post by SFTM »

Anyone have a ticket for theVOLO event on Oct. 21st...to sell??

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

RALPH.... YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN. This is, without a doubt, the most impressive list of amazing, kick-ass, pints ever witnessed in one location in the GTA, if not ONTARIO, if not CANADA, possibly rivaling some of the big American Cask Fests... Everyone needs to show some props to Ralph, and to Volo.... IF we're serious about supporting Craft Beer and those who share our Passion, here's an event, and an event organizer that deserves our full, 100% support...
Last edited by JWalter on Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

You're right. I'm going to adopt him. :lol:
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

JWalter wrote:RALPH.... YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN. This is, without a doubt, the most impressive list of amazing, kick-ass, pints ever witnessed in one location in the GTA, if not ONTARIO, if not CANADA, possibly rivaling some of the big American Cask Fests... Everyone needs to show some props to Ralph, and to Volo.... IF we're serious about supporting Craft Beer and those who share our Passion, here's an event, and a event organizer that deserves our full, 100% support...
Oh, Ralph will get my support, i was upset to miss last years, and am extatic that my ticket for this years has been obtained and is in safe storage to ensure i don't lose it.

We should all make sure to Hug Ralph in our stupor at the end of the Cask Fest, to make sure that he knows how much we love him for providing us with many casks of beer.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

And also maybe more Bartowlers and their friends should try and visit Volo more often to show support. This would be far more benfecial than just arriving en-masse once a year for an 8 hour session.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Duct Tape wrote: We should all make sure to Hug Ralph in our stupor at the end of the Cask Fest, to make sure that he knows how much we love him for providing us with many casks of beer.
Figuratively hug... we want to thank him, not make him regret it with a stream of drunken assaults! :)

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Hey, I was at Volo nearly every day during the film festival this year! Maybe Ralph will let me in without a ticket....

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I knew I'd regret not getting a ticket!

Damn.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

JerCraigs wrote:
Duct Tape wrote: We should all make sure to Hug Ralph in our stupor at the end of the Cask Fest, to make sure that he knows how much we love him for providing us with many casks of beer.
Figuratively hug... we want to thank him, not make him regret it with a stream of drunken assaults! :)
Probably a wise call yes, we can all sing "for he's a jolly good fellow" to Ralph instead of hugging him, less liklihood of physical harm to Ralph, only psychological scarring from a bunch of drunks singing.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

beergut111

Post by beergut111 »

Im so mad at my self that I didnt jump to get the tickets sooner :cry: Is anyone selling any?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

beergut111 wrote:Im so mad at my self that I didnt jump to get the tickets sooner :cry: Is anyone selling any?
I'm considering. I'm rather disappointed at the lack of variety in the lineup.

The two tickets I have are for the early session. I need to confirm with the girlfriend on us cancelling. I'll post again on Monday. (This weekend I am sans Internet.)
lister

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

lister wrote: I'm rather disappointed at the lack of variety in the lineup.
??

Were you expecting fruit beer at a Cask fest?

There's more then one person could sample singlehandedly and you feel there isn't enough?
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

After my last post I decided to go through the list again and yup, there's tons of variety there:

Kolsch, IPA, Dunkel, Stout, Pale Ale, Lager, Bitter, Dark Lager, Porter, Imperial IPA, Imperial Stout, Brown Ale, Auburn Ale and more!
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

I guess you just can't please everyone, eh?

So, Lister, what would beer/ale would make you go to the festival then? It pretty much looks like all the bases are covered for styles.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Probably opne of the best line ups I have ever seen.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!