Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

festbiere du Chambly

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hop_head

Post by hop_head »

Anyone ever been?? Always first weekend in September. Would anyone be interested in going as a group this year? :grin:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'd go for sure, but I've heard there might not be one this year...

See <a href="http://www.festibiere.com">the Festibiere site</a>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2001-07-10 10:52 ]</font>

Chris

Post by Chris »

The above link is dead...it looks more likely that there won't be one :sad:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Funny...It *was* live when I posted the message. Definitely does not look good for a 2001 Festibiere.

hop_head

Post by hop_head »

Definitely too bad :cry:

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

I happened to visit a Quebec-based French language chat forum and there were a number of postings confirming that Festibiere is a no go for his year but that it might be back next year. The organizers have always been in a very tenuous financial position so if last year wasn't a resounding financial success, it could have impacted the decision to run it this year.
I can highly recommend the Capital City Beer Festival which is going into it's second year. Last year there were reasonable crowds and a good selection of beer in a nice, downtown setting.

hop_head

Post by hop_head »

I knew I should have gone last year!!! :lol:

hop_head

Post by hop_head »

I can highly recommend the Capital City Beer Festival which is going into it's second year.
Where and when is this festival?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

It's in Ottawa, from July 27th-29th.

However, it is being organized by the same group as the Toronto festival, so I wouldn't expect there will be anything drastically different (beer-wise). I could be wrong, though. One thing is for sure - definitely less crowds than TO.

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Unfortunately, there will be no festival in Chambly! Dont know about next year but they are going thru difficult financial times.

Other replacements:

Vermont brewer's festival in Burlington VT--This weekend 20-21 July
http://www.vermontbrewers.com/

Rochester fest aka flower city fest 10-11 august...12$ 15$ US unlimited samples
http://www.rohrbachs.com/ see event

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Last year's Ottawa festival was excellent for a first year festival. Many of the same exhibitors as Toronto but fewer although Saturday was a heck of lot more enjoyable than the zoo at Fort York. Good location too in the heart of downtown Ottawa...walking distance to the Market.

Publican

Post by Publican »

When I was at the Toronto Festival of beer yesterday, I talked to someone at the Unibroue booth that said that the Festibiere
de Chambly will be held next year. I will most likely go