Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Toronto Festival Of Beer

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

flip

Post by flip »

GregClow wrote:
wittaker wrote:Oh come on. Whereelse could you get a nice cask porter or barleywine and then go to the next booth to get your nipple pierced. :wink:
I'm really surprised they were able to get away with having a tattoo and piercing booth at the Festival. Between the drunken patrons and the hygiene issues, it's a recipe for disaster. Insurance must've been a fortune.
Who said they were insured... :wink:

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

GregClow wrote:I'm really surprised they were able to get away with having a tattoo and piercing booth at the Festival. Between the drunken patrons and the hygiene issues, it's a recipe for disaster. Insurance must've been a fortune.
you'd be more surprised at how little regulation there is of the tattoo and piercing industry in many places, ontario included. unless something has changed drastically in the ~8 years since i was working in a shop, there was zero regulation. we had to specifically ask the health dept to come in and inspect, and they didn't really want to. they ultimately told us that we were doing more than most hospitals do. however, that is unfortunately not the norm and many places are filthy at best.

any reputable piercer/tattooist wouldn't touch drunken idiots or set foot in that kind of setting...