Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Toronto Festival Of Beer

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

Toronto Festival Of Beer

Post by PRMason »

Scotch Irish will be there this year (no Heritage products) at booth 51, not in my usual back corner.
I am busy crafting the "one off" casks for the show. This years line up:
Vanilla Bean Porter, Imperial IPA, Smoked Porter, Summer Sizzler,Downtown Mocha Brown, and Chaplain's Solace Old ale.
We will also be pouring Sgt. Major, Black Irish and Stuart's Organic.
As usual the final line-up of specials may change based on my mood at the time of brewing. :P
"Every day above ground is a good one."

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I'm not sure if I'll be in town.

From a strictly business point-of-view, it would probably be cost-effective to brew some bigger batches and drop a few pins around town. I'm just thinking of you Perry. :D

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

PRMason wrote:I am busy crafting the "one off" casks for the show. This years line up: Vanilla Bean Porter, Imperial IPA, Smoked Porter, Summer Sizzler,Downtown Mocha Brown, and Chaplain's Solace Old ale.
I've always wondered about the brewing set-up for these one-offs. When you get a chance, can you share some of the details? In particular, is the setup suitable only for casks or can you somehow bottle as well? I'm selfishly thinking about one-off bottlings since I can't get to the one-off casks for a multitude of reasons, including location...

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

You had me at "Imperial IPA"
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Hey All, Long Time no see... Hope you're all doing well... Just a quick FYI - Rec'd an email today from Libation Nation - Apparently they're doing a THURSDAY NIGHT at the Toronto Festival of Beer this year, and Spirit of the West will be performing...

I've gone ahead and grabbed tickets, sounds like fun, hope to see some of you there...

http://www.beerfestival.ca/index.html

Cheers!
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Oh! Thanks for that tidbit. Hmmm... Thursday or Friday...

And the starting time has changed from what I remember (2pm.) That kind of sucks as it was nice to get in there for an hour or two before the rest of the unwashed masses show up.
lister

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

They have delayed the start time which is a totally frustrating development. I generally loathe the event for a myriad of reasons (see past rants)...but I always liked attending the first day in order to get in (and out) before the drunken hoserfest kicked into gear.

Having said that I'm hoping to go on the Thursday as it's the only day I can make it (I leave for the U.S. the next day). However, I'm not too keen on the $35 price for admittance particularly when the tickets for the other days are $21.

Gougefest!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

For those who are interested in attending the Bowmans Ball night but haven't bought tickets yet, we're giving away 4 pairs on Taste T.O. - click here for the details.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

A couple of days ago, I made a post in this thread (which I have deleted) saying I'd heard that not all of the breweries would be pouring at the Bowmans Ball night of the beer festival.

I've since been informed that I'd received incorrect info, and that in fact all breweries will be in attendance and pouring on the Thursday night.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

In that case I probably will go on Thursday...perhaps the higher ticket cost will keep numbers (and yahoos) to a minimum.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Jon Walker wrote:In that case I probably will go on Thursday...perhaps the higher ticket cost will keep numbers (and yahoos) to a minimum.
Yes, that's my thinking as well. Not to mention that tickets for Thursday are only available online, so they probably won't be selling as fast or as often as the Fri-Sun tickets.

And Saturday is already sold out, by the way.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The annual Fort York frat party is rapidly approaching! If you are planning to attend, please swing by booth 43 (not 51 as previously stated) and say hi.
Good things await those who do.
"Every day above ground is a good one."

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I'll see you on Thursday Perry! Please oh please tap the Imperial IPA that afternoon!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We'll be at the fest as well and pouring the usual suspects (Duvel, Chimay Premiere, Chimay White, Mort Subite Framboise, St. Peter's English) and we'll probably bring along one or two of our Consignment beers, specifically Rochefort 10.

Peter
Esprit Agencies

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Peter - does that mean that the latest consignment order of Rochefort 10 is in/on its way?