Volo Hosting Summer Saison Sampler Event

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Volo Hosting Summer Saison Sampler Event

Postby Asst. Grain Shoveller » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi All Y'all
This Friday at 7:00 (sorry about the short notice) Ralph from Volo will be hosting a Tasting session for a few versions of our Summer Saison.
Included will be:
A pin of cask conditioned Summer Saison on Hand pull
A pin of Cask conditioned "Marmelade Edition" Summer Saison on gravity
(Adrian cut up some fresh Grapefruit, Orange & Lemon Peel and added it to the pin)
Summer Saison on Draft
Bottled 2006 Summer Saison

Ralph has also posted this on his website.

I think it will be an interesting & very causual event.
Myself, Adrian the brewmaster and Simon the brewer will be there for some fun and feedback.

I hope you can come out and join us, it should be fun and the weather looks like it will be a perfect summer nite too.

Cheers from under the desk of:
Ken
grub
Seasoned Drinker

Re: Volo Hosting Summer Saison Sampler Event

Postby grub » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:Hi All Y'all
This Friday at 7:00 (sorry about the short notice) Ralph from Volo will be hosting a Tasting session for a few versions of our Summer Saison.

curses, that would have been fun...any chance you can relocate the event to phog down in windsor? :)
pootz
Beer Superstar

Postby pootz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:28 pm

Just tried the 07 BO summer saison ..wow...the coriander really has been brought forward this year and rides along with the hops in a really decent affinity...great stuff Ken. 8)
Aventinus rules!
GregClow
Beer Superstar

Postby GregClow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:41 pm

I made it down to this tonight, and had a great time. It wasn't too busy, so we were able to have a relaxing meal and try all of the Saison variations (doing the $6 flight of samples of the 3 draught/cask versions was a great idea on Ralph's part).

The "Marmalade Edition" was pretty much the unanimous favourite at our table, and resulted in a round of full glasses being once the sampler flights were polished off. Great job once again, Ken & co.! :D
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Postby JerCraigs » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:32 pm

I also checked this out. Quite enjoyed it. I probably would have stayed for a second pint, but I could hear my pillow calling from home.
Cass
Beer Superstar

Postby Cass » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:27 pm

I was able to swing by at about 1am to see if anything was leftover - luckily Ralph had just enough left in the "Marmalade" pin to fill a small glass - wow that was certainly something! Great job guys putting it together.
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Postby Belgian » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:58 pm

I am seriously late to this tasting (!) but the Black Oak Saison I had at Victory is one heck of a sweet draught pull around Toronto. That Marmelade Edition sounds great - halfway between a Wit and a Saison - sorry I missed that.
In Beerum Veritas

Return to “Beer Events”