Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

C'est What's 19th Annual Fall Festival of Craft Breweries

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

georgemilbrandt

C'est What's 19th Annual Fall Festival of Craft Breweries

Post by georgemilbrandt »

Our annual event to kick off "Pub" season will feature fifty brews from Upper and Lower Canada's leading Craft brewers. From Pale Ales to Peppermint Porters there will be something new for all palates and preferences.

New on tap for the festival that are confirmed so far: Church-Key Flanders Brown, Grand River Highballer Pumpkin Ale, Mill Street Octoberfest, Trafalgar Black Bullet, Black Irish Porter, Trafalgar Smoked Oatmeal Stout, County Durham Hop Head (cask), Stratford Bohemian Lager, Taps Vanilla Bean Wheat, Barley Days Wind & Sail Dark Ale, Great Lakes Double Pumpkin Ale. Many more to come from Neustadt, Granite, Black Oak, Nickelbrook, and Scotch Irish.

Of course, we will be showing off our own new brews: Hazelnut Chocolate Ale and Caraway Rye Beer.

The event runs from 5:00 to 10:00 on Friday September 28.. There is no admission charge, samples are a loonie apiece.
George, C'est What

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Looks good! TWO pumpkin ales from Ontario brewers this year! Way to go guys!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Ooooo! This one I'm looking forward to. Lots of interesting new stuff to try. :D
lister

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

I love me a good pumpkin ale. I am looking forward to trying them.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I am also sending along a "kellertrubes" cask lager, which is an unfiltered zwickelbier, with a nice reddish hue and 40 IBU's.
Oh no, Perry is "firkinating" lager...
"Every day above ground is a good one."

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

PRMason wrote:I am also sending along a "kellertrubes" cask lager, which is an unfiltered zwickelbier, with a nice reddish hue and 40 IBU's.
I have no idea what any of this means or would taste like, but anything you make is worth trying!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

PRMason wrote:I am also sending along a "kellertrubes" cask lager, which is an unfiltered zwickelbier, with a nice reddish hue and 40 IBU's.
I tried some kellers in Germany last year, but wished I had sampled more. I'm looking forward to it! (German hops I hope?).

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

I had a great time at the last festival back in May, it was a great learning experience. Since then I've went back to C'est What multiple times for a few pints of Durham. I'll be sure to attend next Fri sampling all the different brews, the woman is looking forward to trying the pumpkin ale. I'm also participating in the Ride for JDRF that afternoon so I will come thirsty.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I was wondering if anyone from St. Catharines, or close by, is thinking of going and would want someone riding shotgun to split the cost of gas with? I say this knowing the chances are slim to none, but I would love to go to this without having to think about driving home. If anyone's interested let me know.
Cheers!

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Sweeet ass sweet! Finally seems as if Ontario brewers are putting in significant effort to brew some interesting styles! I'm really looking forward to this event!

Radek

Post by Radek »

Yes we need more of such beers in Ontario . Good job!

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The Kellertrübes for C'est What? and the Pumpkin Ale for Cask Days are, as usual, my first(perhaps only) attempt at those specific beers. I am just flyin' by the seat of my pants on both of these. Just trying to say that I hope you like them.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The Kellertrübes for C'est What? and the Pumpkin Ale for Cask Days are, as usual, my first(perhaps only) attempt at those specific beers. I am just flyin' by the seat of my pants on both of these. Just trying to say that I hope you like them.

glugg

Post by glugg »

I`m only in Toronto for a week and there`s a beer festival on, how lucky is that :lol: See you there.

georgemilbrandt

Post by georgemilbrandt »

Latest additions to the Festival: Neustadt Shonet Pale Ale, Granite Ringberry Ale, Black Oak Maple Nut Brown (cask), Nickelbrook Barley Wine, Nickelbrook Maple Porter, Nickelbrook Organic Belgian White, King Un-filtered Dark Lager, McAuslan Raspberry Ale, and Scotch Irish Zwickelbier (cask).
George, C'est What