Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fuller's Dinner with John Keeling - Tuesday, April 8

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Fuller's Dinner with John Keeling - Tuesday, April 8

Post by GregClow »

Premier Brands and The Duke Pubs present
AN EVENING WITH JOHN KEELING
Brewing Director, Fuller's Brewery, Chiswick, London, UK

featuring
Fuller's London Pride Ale
Fuller's ESB
Fuller's London Porter
Fuller's Organic Honey Dew Ale

Tuesday, April 8th, 2008
5:00 PM
Duke of Westminster, First Canadian Place, 77 Adelaide St. W.

Taste these fine beers and enjoy a dinner prepared by our chefs.

Tickets: $45 - contact Mark, Elizabeth or Alex at (416) 368-2761 to reserve.

John Keeling, 47, was educated at Herriot Watt University where he got a degree in brewing. Prior to that, he started his career aged 17, at Wilson's Brewery in his hometown of Manchester. Over 22 years ago, he moved to Fuller's Brewery in Chiswick, West London, where he moved up the ranks to Brewing Director with responsibility for the whole brewing process. Fuller's has won five CAMRA Overall Champion Beer of Britain awards during his time at the brewery. He believes that brewing great beer needs real pride and passion.

The Duke Pubs are proud to offer a full selection of Fuller's beer. With over 250 years of experience behind them, Fuller's is recognized as one of the finest breweries around the world. They have won many of the top brewing awards from around the world including CAMRA Overall Champion Beer of Britain and Supreme Champion at the International Beer Competition. Fuller's exceptional range of beers will ensure that even the most discerning drinker goes away satisfied.

bestbitterman

Post by bestbitterman »

Sounds like an interesting event...any idea whether these Fullers beers will be on tap (cask) or bottled?

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

bestbitterman wrote:Sounds like an interesting event...any idea whether these Fullers beers will be on tap (cask) or bottled?
no cask engines at that pub. i'm fairly certain it will be kegged, as opposed to bottled.

bestbitterman

Post by bestbitterman »

from what I recall they serve London Pride in a keg from a hand-pump to simulate a cask pour so I suppose they could use one of those engines to serve any casks that they might get for the event.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I made it out to this dinner the other night, and it was a great time.

I've posted a short report with a few photos (mostly of the food) over on my blog for those who might be interested:

http://beerbeatsbites.wordpress.com/200 ... er-dinner/

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

GregClow wrote:I made it out to this dinner the other night, and it was a great time.

I've posted a short report with a few photos (mostly of the food) over on my blog for those who might be interested:

http://beerbeatsbites.wordpress.com/200 ... er-dinner/
sounds like a great night. tried to get out of work, but couldn't. sigh.

Cask

Post by Cask »

Thanks for the review, Greg. Any word from the Fullers camp on where the Honey Dew will be on tap (Duke pubs only?) or on the possibility that we'll see more of their casks in TO?

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

bestbitterman wrote:from what I recall they serve London Pride in a keg from a hand-pump to simulate a cask pour so I suppose they could use one of those engines to serve any casks that they might get for the event.
The Fullers pretend-a-pumps are not engines. They are merely a fancy way to serve keg beer. They are fed by pressurized kegs directly to a tap that happens to look like an engine. I think Fullers has done a very good job and presenting their keg beers.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cask wrote:Thanks for the review, Greg. Any word from the Fullers camp on where the Honey Dew will be on tap (Duke pubs only?) or on the possibility that we'll see more of their casks in TO?
The Dukes will have an exclusive on the Honey Dew in Toronto for a few weeks, after which it will start appearing at other Premier clients around town.

As for casks, we likely won't see any more from them until the fall, as they don't like having them shipped during the warmer weather.