Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

C'est What Spring Festival Of Small Breweries

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Couldnt make it Friday, I was out of town.

Any of the specials stil in stock?

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Hopping Wolf is in the advance planning stages now. It will be in the Ottawa area, even though I realise that most of my sales will be in the GTA, Hamilton, Kitchener and export.
Two core brands are planned, a hoppy and bitter PacWest IPA (duh!) and a porter of some kind. The rest of the line-up will consist of "beers of the month", or 12 different beers per year available for one month at a time only. All beers will be available on draught, cask, and in bottles. The core brands will be submitted to the LCBO and some of the Beers Of The Month will be submitted for the various LCBO programs as well. Our retail outlet will of course have everything we sell available for home consumption.
We are setting up the financing, which is complicated and expensive, as we speak.
I will keep you all posted on the progress, which is painfully slow, as things come up.
In the meantime, keep supporting great beers and beer styles. Variety will only exist if we refuse to celebrate mediocrity.
Perry
"Every day above ground is a good one."

BrewerDave

Post by BrewerDave »

I can't wait for this project to come to completion!

"In the meantime, keep supporting great beers and beer styles. Variety will only exist if we refuse to celebrate mediocrity."

Mr. Mason I couldn't agree with you more. I love that comment as it really sums up what this whole site and it's followers are all about. Keep persevering with the project and I know our support will be there.

Cheers,

Dave

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

PRMason wrote:Hopping Wolf is in the advance planning stages now. It will be in the Ottawa area, even though I realise that most of my sales will be in the GTA, Hamilton, Kitchener and export.
Two core brands are planned, a hoppy and bitter PacWest IPA (duh!) and a porter of some kind. The rest of the line-up will consist of "beers of the month", or 12 different beers per year available for one month at a time only. All beers will be available on draught, cask, and in bottles. The core brands will be submitted to the LCBO and some of the Beers Of The Month will be submitted for the various LCBO programs as well. Our retail outlet will of course have everything we sell available for home consumption.
We are setting up the financing, which is complicated and expensive, as we speak.
I will keep you all posted on the progress, which is painfully slow, as things come up.
In the meantime, keep supporting great beers and beer styles. Variety will only exist if we refuse to celebrate mediocrity.
Perry
Great news on the brewery plans, and great advice to all lovers of beer! I'm really looking forward to your new offerings, and my wife and I will be enthusiastic supporters of your new enterprise!

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

PRMason wrote:Hopping Wolf is in the advance planning stages now. It will be in the Ottawa area, even though I realise that most of my sales will be in the GTA, Hamilton, Kitchener and export.
Perry
This is huge news for the Ontario Brewing scene. Hope everything works out and we see Hopping Wolf sooner than later!

An Ontario micro doing 12 seasonals a year, all in bottles, is pretty exciting. Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on a lot of what you produce here in Toronto.

-Josh

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Thank you Jesus. Perry opening a brewery is good for everyone.

And if you happen to need a reliable, hard-working man to help out around the place, let me know. I will accept beer as payment. :P