Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Danish Beer Dinner @ beerbistro - Wed Apr 15th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Danish Beer Dinner @ beerbistro - Wed Apr 15th

Post by GregClow »

beerbistro and Roland + Russell proudly invite you to a great evening celebrating Danish cuisine and craft beer on April 15th.

Throughout the evening, Brian Morin and his team will be offering eight courses highlighting a chef’s interpretation of traditional and modern Danish cuisine. Each dish will be perfectly matched with one of eight spectacular beers being specially brought in for this event.

Don’t miss this rare opportunity to taste beers from two of Denmark’s finest breweries – Norrebro Bryghus and Mikkeller. One of the world’s leading beer experts, Canada’s own Stephen Beaumont will provide an unbiased and passionate sketch of Denmark’s vibrant craft beer landscape.

Tentatively confirmed for this evening is Anders Kissmeyer, the man behind Nørrebro Bryghus and one of Denmark’s most recognized artisanal brewers.

Featured beers are: Mikkeller’s Warrior IPA, Jackie Brown, Beer Geek Brunch and Alesmith Mikkeller Stone; and Nørrebro’s La Granja, Skargaards Porter, Paske Bock and Old Odense.

To close this evening on a high note, a special beer will be served as a nightcap. We are leaving the name of the beer a mystery, but we can assure you that you won’t be disappointed.

Tickets go on sale March 27th and are available at a cost of $120 plus applicable taxes and gratuities. To purchase tickets, please contact: Kathleen McGinn or Cheri Dueck at 416.861.9872

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Tempting, sounds like another quality event with a stellar beer lineup...sadly beyond my means at present.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Tickets are now being sold.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Got one. See everyone there.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Sounds very nice, but unfortunately not in the budget. I'll drink my bottle of Mikkeller Black Hole Stout and think of you guys
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Got mine too. Thank you to my tax return for coming through yesterday. :wink:

I called right at 10 and the woman I talked to said that reservations had already been brisk. While it might not sell out quite as quickly as the Dogfish dinner (didn't that one go in less than 2 hours or something like that?), I'd still be surprised if there are many tickets left by the end of today.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

hopefully some bottles will be left over to drink there later in april

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I believe they were about 80% sold as of yesterday.

Had a Jackie Brown at the Rhino yesterday afternoon and it was great. Very much looking forward to this event.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Who's all coming to this dinner next week?

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Pub Style wrote:Who's all coming to this dinner next week?
me, for one.

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

that makes three so far. anyone want to hazard a guess as to the surprise closer? i'm guessing Mikkel's Monster.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Only three hours to go... getting antsy... stupid slow-moving time!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Sanchex wrote:anyone want to hazard a guess as to the surprise closer? i'm guessing Mikkel's Monster.
Good guess. :wink:

Wow. Another fantastic dinner from the beerbistro crew.

Although as I just Twittered, "5 hours of eating 8 courses of rich food with strong beer pairings = a rough morning after... urp!". :oops:

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Finally got my blog post about the dinner finished:
http://beerbeatsbites.wordpress.com/200 ... eerbistro/

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

they have left most beers on their menu, already went a couple of times to have em