Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Who's going to Mondial?

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Just booked at the Novotel up the street. Stayed there last time and is within stumbling distance from the Mondial and Brutopia is right across the parking lot.

Radek

Post by Radek »

Same here Novotel - Wed- Sat

SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Everybody heading up to Mondial from T.O. should take a one hour detour and visit Beau's. Make sure you introduce yourself!

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

SteveB wrote:Everybody heading up to Mondial from T.O. should take a one hour detour and visit Beau's. Make sure you introduce yourself!
And it's only a 20 min detour for those of us heading up from Ottawa :-)

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

SteveB wrote:Everybody heading up to Mondial from T.O. should take a one hour detour and visit Beau's. Make sure you introduce yourself!
if you can convince via to build a new track...

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

i'll be there fri and early sat... it got to crazy after 3 last year.

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

GregClow wrote:
tupalev wrote:Wed-Saturday
Ditto.
I love you! - oh wait, that's the opposite of 'Ghost'

Ditto

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Booked for Friday - Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I was planning on going to try out the Japanese beers, but decided to go to Japan next month instead. For those of you who are going, I'm sure it will be a blast. Feast your eyes on the full beer list:

http://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/pdf/p ... dial09.pdf

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Um, yeah, glad I booked.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Have plans for the thursday to sunday - but look at that it starts on a wednesday! I'll be there.

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Bobsy wrote:I was planning on going to try out the Japanese beers, but decided to go to Japan next month instead. For those of you who are going, I'm sure it will be a blast. Feast your eyes on the full beer list:

http://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/pdf/p ... dial09.pdf
I've quite a few pals there (all over), need me to hook you up with a drinking buddy?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Garthicus wrote:I've quite a few pals there (all over), need me to hook you up with a drinking buddy?
Hey Garthicus,

If you know anyone in Hiroshima, Kanazawa or Takayama send me a PM. Or if you know anyone in Tokyo who fancies a pint at Popeye's let me know (I wisely made sure we're spending 3 nights a mere 10 minutes walk away... my wife shouldn't put me in charge of these things). After our last trip you really appreciate that however much you love your other half its nice to speak to another english speaker every now and then, so it would be most welcome!

Cheers!

Rob

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

I'll be there :D Wednesday until Friday (maybe Saturday).
I was there in 2007 and really enjoyed it. This years beer list looks even better.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

All you guys going earlier in the week are gonna report back so us weekenders know what to look for, right? Please?
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman