Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes Project X - 2nd Thurs of each month

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Lackey wrote:The Robust will be a limited release at the LCBO soon. The Vanilla Bean and Currantly Incarcerated will be around the retail store early next week.
Will the robust also be available at the retail store? How limited will it be at the LCBO? Toronto only?

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Yeah, will be a bunch at the brewery. It is making it out of the GTA but not sure where.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Lackey wrote:Yeah, will be a bunch at the brewery. It is making it out of the GTA but not sure where.
Thanks. I am looking forward to trying this one. I was hoping to see the bourbon barrel robust porter bottled; I hear it was delicious!

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Will be some of the bourbon barrel in bottles in the next couple of weeks at the retail store

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

@Lackey101
At GLB Friday: Karma Citra, Supercillious (Belgian Strong), No PANTS w Miranda (Imperial Saison), Unicorn Ale and Bourbon Barrel 25th porter
Wow.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Publican

Post by Publican »

Great Lakes has postponed thier August Project X tonight because of the weather. Just thought I should get the word out so no one heads down to the brewery

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Project X is back baby! Join us on Thursday October 11th from 6:30pm to 9:30pm to indulge in a number of Great Lakes cask ales!

Hey! Did you know that we recently won a Golden Tap Award for our cask program? We were named Best Brewery for Cask-Conditioned Ale in Ontario!!

The crew from Cask Days will be joining us to sell tickets for their 8th annual Cask Days event being held on October 27 & 28 at the Evergreen Brickworks. They may even have some FREE tickets for some lucky Project X members!!

We’ll also be working with some of our friends – Amsterdam Brewing Co., Black Oak Brewing Co., House Ales and Nickelbrook Brewery, who will be on-site serving some of their cask offerings!

Food will be provided by Melt Grilled Cheese.

We’ll have the big ol’ tent erected out on the front lawn of the brewery, so bring your jackets. We’re going ahead rain or shine folks.

$15 admission, GLB Project X membership not required to attend.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

As was reported on the home page, tonight is PX at the Monarch, Ugly Sweater edition:

http://www.bartowel.com/?p=3491

I'll be a judge of the sweaters so come out and hope to see some of the familiar faces there!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Since it looks like Project X is no longer a regular monthly event, I'm going to un-sticky this thread.