Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes Project X - 2nd Thurs of each month

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Duggan's, Granite, Black Oak and Mill Street will also have Casks available at Project X tomorrow
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JB

Post by JB »

The casks are lined up and getting ready to go for tonight! I'm particularly stoked for our "Where there's smoke there's fire Smoked Chipotle" and Black Oak's "Chocolate Banana Bread".

Wait till you see the enormous pot of chili too...mmm.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

JB wrote:...Wait till you see the enormous pot of chili too...mmm.
Chili :D

Rain showers :cry:

Is there any weather cover?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

zane9 wrote:Rain showers :cry:

Is there any weather cover?
I would assume that it will be held indoors, as they do for Project X events in the winter.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

GregClow wrote:I would assume that it will be held indoors, as they do for Project X events in the winter.
Thanks, Greg. I have not been to a winter event, or been into the brewery so I'm now better informed!

Soods

Post by Soods »

Super night tonight and some great beers. The casks were from Great Lakes "Where there's smoke, there's fire Smoked Chipotle", from Black Oak "Chocolate Banana Bread Ale", from Duggan's "# 9 IPA", from Granite "IPA" and from Mill Steet "Tankenstein".

That along with a massive pot of chili from Jaimie from Great Lakes (with buns and veggies), made for a great night all round.

We topped it off with some samples of Arcadian Cocoa Loco Stout, Grand River Russian Imperial Stout, 3 Floyds Lord Admiral Nelson ESB, 3 Floyds Artic Panzer IPA, and 3 Floyds Deadnaught Imperial IPA.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Just a note that this month's Project X is happening on FRIDAY rather than Thursday. Info from the latest Great Lakes newsletter:

Project X-Mas

We're hosting a very special edition of Project X in December. Join us on Friday, Dec 10th as we celebrate the holiday season with plenty of feature brews and tons of food.

Doors open at 6:30, and everyone is welcome. We will be accepting donations for the Daily Bread Food Bank at the door.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

It was good to see so many people out for last night's Project X. Busiest I've ever seen it for an indoor event.
saintjohnswort.ca

zane9

Post by zane9 »

The event was lots of fun. Live music, great food, and Santa made a surprise appearance. The Winter Ale was flowing and seemed to be the crowd favourite. I think it took a lot of guts for GLB to serve "The Polish Sandwich" beer: for most of us it was Kielbassa-in-a-glass!

Thank you, Great Lakes, for your wonderful hospitality.

Soods

Post by Soods »

The week before the Project X-Mas, I was told that if the Polish Sandwich Lager turns out like we hope, it's going to be terrible!

I really enjoyed the Breakfast Stout followed closely by the Winter Ale with Vanilla Beans.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

The Kielbassa beer was a bit strange. Food was amazing as always. Great turnout for these events! They keep growing and growing!

Soods

Post by Soods »

Note from the Great Lakes Facebook page about tomorrow's Project X:

Great Lakes Brewery
Our first Russian Imperial Stout and Ace of Spades black IPA will be available in bombers (650 ml) tomorrow (Thursday the 13th) at our monthly Project X. The Imperial Stout is the first of our premium series and will sell for $9.95. On the bright side, the beer is really big and yummy (it weighs in at 9.8% abv) and if all goes well, will come wax sealed!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Picked up a bottle of the RIS and the AoS on Thursday. They were almost out of the latter.

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

They were out of both on Friday afternoon.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Does anyone know if Dude, Where's My Tsar is now called Kournikova's Choice??