Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes Project X - 2nd Thurs of each month

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Kish84 wrote:Does anyone know if Dude, Where's My Tsar is now called Kournikova's Choice??
they are the same beer.

Publican

Post by Publican »

There will be 3 cask ales at the Feb. 10th Project X. They are:

Black IPA
Chocolate Stout
Wet Hopped IPA

Looking forward to trying these tomorrow night

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Details for this month's Project X

This month we'll be celebrating our second annual International Women's Week Project X.

We'll have two one off casks brewed exclusively by women as well as some fine food supplied by Stout Pub.

Admission is $20, includes food and four beer samples with $10 being donated to Women's Habitat.

Since this is a fundraising event we want everyone to come! You don't have to be a Project X Member (normally a one-time $10 fee) to attend this event.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

matt7215 wrote:
Kish84 wrote:Does anyone know if Dude, Where's My Tsar is now called Kournikova's Choice??
they are the same beer.
I think its technically the other way around, KC is now the Dude. I think on Ratebeer the correction I sent got mis-interpreted.

Also, The Dude abides. :)

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Just giving a heads up that this month's PX will feature the GLB/Biergotter collabotation brew Scurrilous. It's a double black Belgian IPA. It weighs in at 7.8% and 72 IBU and has been rated well by our entire tasting panel (me). There is only 20 liters so if you want to try some get to the brewery early.
We will also be serving Orange Peel and Devil's Pale on cask!

Publican

Post by Publican »

I'll be there :D :D

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Looking forward to it! Any Project X bottles this month?

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Should be something but not sure what...we got a little behind with brewing due to our trip to San Francisco. :oops:

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

will bottles be available earlier, I have to go out of town at 2

AlanB

Post by AlanB »

Just a somewhat tardy note that everyone standing around our table on April 14 considered the Scurrilous black Belgian IPA to be the beer of the evening. It had a straightforward northwest IPA nose, but the taste was much more complex--started sweet and roundish with yeasty notes, then halfway through did a one-and-a-half gainer, finishing with a long hoppy aftertaste. Would be great paired with soft cheeses. Props to both GLB and Biergotter.
Too many beers, too little time...

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

AlanB wrote:Just a somewhat tardy note that everyone standing around our table on April 14 considered the Scurrilous black Belgian IPA to be the beer of the evening. It had a straightforward northwest IPA nose, but the taste was much more complex--started sweet and roundish with yeasty notes, then halfway through did a one-and-a-half gainer, finishing with a long hoppy aftertaste. Would be great paired with soft cheeses. Props to both GLB and Biergotter.
+1

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Any word on what might be going on at Project X tomorrow night?

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

velovampire wrote:
AlanB wrote:Just a somewhat tardy note that everyone standing around our table on April 14 considered the Scurrilous black Belgian IPA to be the beer of the evening. It had a straightforward northwest IPA nose, but the taste was much more complex--started sweet and roundish with yeasty notes, then halfway through did a one-and-a-half gainer, finishing with a long hoppy aftertaste. Would be great paired with soft cheeses. Props to both GLB and Biergotter.
+1
Thanks fellas, have to do that one again
Fuckin' magnets... How do they work?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

liamt07 wrote:Any word on what might be going on at Project X tomorrow night?
Too late to help you if you werent there but they had a draft of "Vanilla Ice" (I'm guessing its a flavoured version of the the Golden Horsehoe but I haven't confirmed that) and a lovely cask of the Crazy Canuck.

Soods

Post by Soods »

viggo wrote:
Thanks fellas, have to do that one again
Yes please!! That was awesome.