Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coles 5th Annual IPA Tasting - Sat Aug 15

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Coles 5th Annual IPA Tasting - Sat Aug 15

Post by JerCraigs »

http://ratebeer.com/event/9808/

Anyone planning to go down for this? I am debating catching the bus down.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

At the moment I'm planning on heading down for this. I'm also thinking of taking the bus, but the 5pm start time limits how long you can stay if you want to return on the same day. I'll probably head down for lunch - hit up Cole's, Goodbar and Village Beer, and then stay at the fest until around 7:30 before bussing it back.

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Ahh nothing like taking the bus and going through customs hammered :P
Mat

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

mjohnston wrote:Ahh nothing like taking the bus and going through customs hammered :P
how much is a bus ticket?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

matt7215 wrote:how much is a bus ticket?
The key with Buffalo is booking far enough in advance. I've actually gone there for 50 cents in the past. My last trip cost $16, but the cheapest I can find for the 15th is $32 return through megabus.

The awesome thing about going through customs on a bus is they've always waved me through even though I've declared my beer. I guess they figure its not worth holding up a bus full of people for a backpack full of suds.

Publican

Post by Publican »

I'll be going although at this point I don't know if I'll be taking the bus down or getting a lift with a friend. If I get a lift with a friend we'll have to stay over in Buffalo. Can't wait for this fest as it's been great in previous years :D

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

How much is it? I would love to go to this.

Never been to Coles and I live right across the border...damn.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

So, has anyone else been to the Coles website? It must be really out of date because it has a banner for their 3rd annual IPA fest in July....

Publican

Post by Publican »

Timmy wrote:How much is it? I would love to go to this.

Never been to Coles and I live right across the border...damn.
The Cost is $25 US