Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Niagara's Best Brewery and Pub Open House - Sun Aug 30th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hopheadbrewer

Niagara's Best Brewery and Pub Open House - Sun Aug 30th

Post by hopheadbrewer »

Niagara's Best Brewery and Pub would like to invite all Bartowelers to come down to 6863 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls on Sunday, August 30th from 3:00 to 5:00 pm for a free sampling of our 10 different ales and lagers plus finger foods.

We have a diverse menu of beers ranging from a light yet flavourful lager, an Irish Red Ale, a subtle but interesting Dark Ale, an authentic English Pale Ale, our original but improved Logger and Blonde, a Belgian Wit, a Pilsner made with imported Pilsner malt and Saaz hops, a delicious Oatmeal Stout and this month's Brewer's Special, a fairly decent IPA.

Looking forward to seeing you there! :D
Last edited by hopheadbrewer on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People who put political comments in their signatures, especially when such comments are false and insulting, are morons...

hopheadbrewer

Post by hopheadbrewer »

If you are planning on attending this event, please send me a message by August 19 so we have an idea of how many to expect.

Thanks,

Ian Watson :D
People who put political comments in their signatures, especially when such comments are false and insulting, are morons...

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Shoot... I'm outta town on that day. Good luck with the open house and continued success at the brewpub!

hopheadbrewer

Post by hopheadbrewer »

Bobsy wrote:Shoot... I'm outta town on that day. Good luck with the open house and continued success at the brewpub!
Sorry you can't make it, Bobsy. But do come down some other time and ask one of the servers to retrieve me from the brewery out back and I'll show you around and see if I can get you some samples too!

Cheers,

Ian

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I am coming down August 14th actually with some friends. Looking forward to checking it out!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Damn, really wish I could make it but I'm taking my niece and nephew to the ball game that afternoon.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I'm really looking forward to this and seeing what Niagara's Best has in store for us.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

This sounds great! I'll investigate my wife's work schedule to see if I can attend.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Andicus, if you need to carpool let me know. I would be more than happy to let you ride shotgun.

hopheadbrewer

Post by hopheadbrewer »

Regretably, I am having to move the event to the following Sunday (August 30th) at the same time (3-5 pm) due to the fact that we will likely be out of some of the more interesting beers (Pale Ale, Pilsner and Stout) by the 23rd. More will be available by the 30th. I hope I have't inconvenienced anyone, but I didn't want to be out of these.

Thanks

Ian

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

hopheadbrewer wrote:Regretably, I am having to move the event to the following Sunday (August 30th) at the same time (3-5 pm) due to the fact that we will likely be out of some of the more interesting beers (Pale Ale, Pilsner and Stout) by the 23rd.
That's why I'm going on the 15th. It's get'm while you can time. :wink:

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Out of curiosity, do you do growler fills?

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Bobsy,
I've been to Niagara's Best several times and I can assure you that do indeed fill growlers. They have a few pre-filled, but you can get whatever is on tap that the time in a growler. Its $10 a fill, with a $6 dollar deposit on the growler itself.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

dutchcanuck wrote:Bobsy,
I've been to Niagara's Best several times and I can assure you that do indeed fill growlers. They have a few pre-filled, but you can get whatever is on tap that the time in a growler. Its $10 a fill, with a $6 dollar deposit on the growler itself.
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

No problem! As an unemployed twenty-something I have nothing better to do than post in forums while I fail in my search for employment ;)