Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dieu du Ciel launch at Volo - Sat Oct 3rd

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

How is this 100 person thing going to work? Once the 100 mark is reached there'll be no more admitted even if people leave? Or 100 people max at any one time?

We're doing Nuit Blanche and would like to swing by at some point as we make our way to the north Toronto sites.
lister

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

100 likely has to do with a capacity issue Lister - so if it is full, you would have to wait for people to leave. Just a guess.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Yep, I suspect it's based upon legal (and comfort) capacity. So when full, it will probably be one out, one in. The same thing happened at GTAs this year.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Posted on the Volo website:
Just a reminder to everyone that this Saturday we will be hosting the Dieu Du Ciel! launch party(doors open at 7, 19+ event). There is a capacity of 100 people (inside/outside) Volo so please arrive early for a guaranteed spot. We suspect the weather might be cold outside, so bring your winter jackets. We will be Tapping Péché Mortel and Isseki Nicho (Imperial Dark Saison; collaboration brew with Eigo Sato from Shiga Kougen, Japan) on cask that evening as well. Hope to see you there! Cheers!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Cool. We'll have two beer stops that night then. The other being a first time visit to Rhino when we're out that way before checking out the exhibits at Liberty Village.
lister

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

if you see a very well dressed man there very early or very late, that would be me, pre or post wedding reception.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

dutchcanuck wrote:I'm also hoping to make it to this event as well. Is there bartowel protocol? Name tags or hats that I never got? Hopefully I'll get to some fellow bartowlers.
Yup. Did you pay your 1 pint per person initiation fee? :wink:

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

JerCraigs wrote:
dutchcanuck wrote:I'm also hoping to make it to this event as well. Is there bartowel protocol? Name tags or hats that I never got? Hopefully I'll get to some fellow bartowlers.
Jer you cheap bastard!

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I'm hoping I'll be able to get in... I'm going to see Louis CK at 7:30 so I'll try to get in after that is over. I may have to bribe people to leave so they will be under capacity though!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

viggo wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:
Jer you cheap bastard!
WTF does that even mean? I guess Viggo must not have paid either, pints all around! :evil:

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I'm missing out on this because SOMEONE planned their bachelor party on one of the best beer nights of the year. :wink: Ah well!The beers that Ralph and the crew are pouring will blow you away - a guaranteed good evening, and for anyone who's wavering on whether to go, just get to the bar already!

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

JerCraigs wrote:
viggo wrote:
JerCraigs wrote: Yup. Did you pay your 1 pint per person initiation fee? :wink:
Jer you cheap bastard!
WTF does that even mean? I guess Viggo must not have paid either, pints all around! :evil:
I think it made sense at the time!

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Bobsy wrote:I'm missing out on this because SOMEONE planned their bachelor party on one of the best beer nights of the year. :wink: Ah well!The beers that Ralph and the crew are pouring will blow you away - a guaranteed good evening, and for anyone who's wavering on whether to go, just get to the bar already!
Sorry dude, I have to miss it too. The date of the bachelor party was choosen months ago and this just happened to fall on the date. We'll be drinking some damn fine stuff on the crawl.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Pub Style wrote:
Bobsy wrote:I'm missing out on this because SOMEONE planned their bachelor party on one of the best beer nights of the year. :wink: Ah well!The beers that Ralph and the crew are pouring will blow you away - a guaranteed good evening, and for anyone who's wavering on whether to go, just get to the bar already!
Sorry dude, I have to miss it too. The date of the bachelor party was choosen months ago and this just happened to fall on the date. We'll be drinking some damn fine stuff on the crawl.
I'm sure we will! I may not be drinking cask péché mortel, but at least I'll have the joy of watching you get stripped naked and tied to a lamp post on Church Street.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Bobsy wrote:
Pub Style wrote:
I'm sure we will! I may not be drinking cask péché mortel, but at least I'll have the joy of watching you get stripped naked and tied to a lamp post on Church Street.
The peche mortel is going to cask?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!