Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dieu du Ciel launch at Volo - Sat Oct 3rd

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

northyorksammy wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Popped in on the way home to grab a quick nightcap of the barleywine and left over 5 hours later.

which barleywine was this? you mean the d'hiver?
That's the one. 2009 edition - reminded me quite a bit of a Bigfoot.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Greal list of DDC goodies still on the slate Sunday, some perhaps never to be seen here again... (but seriously, there must be plans for some DDC on tap here in future... I'm dying to try the Corné du Diable draught, since USA-style micros thrive in a Cask presentation, so watch for the Cask Days.)

Nice DDC launch Senor Morana!
In Beerum Veritas

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I absolutely loved the event, even if I did only get there just after midnight! I tried to go at about 10, but they were full. So we headed to a nearby pub and then went back later. In the little over an hour that I was there before last call, I managed to sample some of everything (and even have two of the Corne de Diable).

The Corne de Diable and the Peche Mortel (cask) were the standouts for me, but I really enjoyed all of them. The Corne de Diable is the best Canadian IPA I've ever tried. As a coffee fanatic, the Peche Mortel was absolutely awesome, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that didn't like coffee. I wish I didn't have to drink so fast, but those were the sacrifices that were required.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to this, but I am planning on going over tonight (Monday) for a pint or two. Will *any* of these beers still be available you think?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JesseMcG wrote:Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to this, but I am planning on going over tonight (Monday) for a pint or two. Will *any* of these beers still be available you think?

I think all beer were available yesterday, so perhaps there is some left today as well?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

JesseMcG wrote:Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to this, but I am planning on going over tonight (Monday) for a pint or two. Will *any* of these beers still be available you think?
I think the casks were done by the end of the night. For some reason my memory is a little hazy...

:wink:

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

It was a great event and I found the DDC brewers extremenly personable and friendly. You can tell they love what they do. My fav was probably the Aphrodisique. Wish I could've stayed longer but I might have had too much wine beforehand.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Bobsy wrote:
I think the casks were done by the end of the night. For some reason my memory is a little hazy...

I had ordered the Peche Mortel on cask right at last call, so they weren't out of it then.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

kwjd wrote:
Bobsy wrote:

I had ordered the Peche Mortel on cask right at last call, so they weren't out of it then.
And I know someone who had the other cask beer yesterday (Sunday).

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

"Soooo you're tellin' me there's a chance??" ;)

Ok trivia question... what movie is that from?

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

High Fidelity

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

JesseMcG wrote:Ok trivia question... what movie is that from?
Hopefully your chances are better.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

While I wish I could have attended, I am thrilled that this event went so well for Ralph and the gang at Volo - everyone I know who went had a great time.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

inertiaboy wrote:
JesseMcG wrote:Ok trivia question... what movie is that from?
Hopefully your chances are better.
Haha, you nailed it.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I guess I was aiming a little too high with my High Fidelity guess... :)