Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brasseurs du Temps First Anniversary - Sat May 15

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Brasseurs du Temps First Anniversary - Sat May 15

Post by inertiaboy »

Got this email about the first anniversary party for Brasseurs du Temps in Hull, QC. 20 of their beers plus 2 oak-aged beers. Sounds like they had a very successful first year to celebrate.

----

Un an...

Eh oui, le 15 mai prochain nous allons fêter notre premier anniversaire !

Avec 130 brassins, près de 100 000 litres de bières produites, et plus de 100 000 clients servis, ce fut une première année assez occupée, merci !

Votre réponse, votre enthousiasme, votre fidélité nous font chaud au coeur. Notre premier anniversaire est une bonne occasion pour vous remercier et pour l’occasion nous vous préparons un événement inoubliable !

20 bières, produites ici à la brasseries et servies en fût, seront sur le menu en plus de deux bières vieillies en fût de chêne. Notre chef Olivier Millot nous a préparé un menu de dégustation spécial premier anniversaire et nous vous suggérons des accompagnements de nos doux nectars. Le menu régulier et les tapas seront toujours disponibles.

Vers 21h, le party reprend de plus elle avec un spectacle de la Tuque Bleue que nous vous offrons gracieusement !

Plus de détails suivront très bientôt avec le menu bière et le menu dégustation, mais mettez tout de suite un x sur votre calendrier et surtout réservez tôt pour vous assurer de venir célébrer avec nous!

Les Brasseurs du Temps
170, rue Montcalm
Gatineau (Vieux-Hull) Québec
J8X 2M2
T. (819) 205-4999
F. (819) 205-1079
info@brasseursdutemps.com
www.brasseursdutemps.com

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Now this is a brewery worth celebrating!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

mmm. May need a babysitter and get to this.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

I'll be there also. Let us know if your coming so I can put a face on these avatars :).

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Looking forward to hearing how this turned out. Sorry I couldn't make it!
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

The first anniversary celebration went really well.

There were 22 BdT beers on tap, including 2 oak-aged beers (barley wine, chocolate imperial stout). Our table tried 17 of them, including about 6-7 that we hadn't had before. My highlights were the double IPA, barley wine, chocolate imperial stout, a new saison, a rauchbier, a dry-hopped rye beer, and the triple.

The special table d'hote looked great but we decided to order off the main menu instead. The carbonnade was very good and was served on a bed of barley.

The service was excellent too, especially considering how busy it was. The band sounded great, but we were unfortunately in the front section so we couldn't see them.

We used Responsible Choice to get home afterwards. Definitely recommended.

My overall impression: for my tastes, they are rapidly approaching Dieu du Ciel! as a force in the Quebec scene.