Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer and Cheese at Castro's Lounge - Sun Jun 13

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

chris_schryer

Beer and Cheese at Castro's Lounge - Sun Jun 13

Post by chris_schryer »

It's the World Cup!!! And nothing makes me think of International Football more then drinking beer and eating cheese. Okay, that's a stretch, but seriously, have you ever done a beer and cheese tasting? I don't know if there is anything better (in the workd of beer and cheese, mind you). So we're going to drink six beers and eat six cheeses, each from a World Cup Competing nation. Beers and cheeses from England, Netherlands, Spain, Australia, Germany and Ireland (yes, I've done what FIFA couldn't; I've nullified France's goal from Henry's hand-ball and put Ireland through).

Details

$40, Sunday, June 13th at 3:00pm. Call or e-mail to reserve a table, please RSVP ASAP as we generally run out of room (read, "Cheese").
Castro's Lounge, 2116e Queen St East (416)699-8272 use the contact form at http://www.TorontoBeerBlog.com to e-mail (sorry, I just waste enough of my day on spam as it is).

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

yes, I've done what FIFA couldn't; I've nullified France's goal from Henry's hand-ball and put Ireland through
That made my day.

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

@wittaker
Glad you liked that.

Forgot to mention, but we'll have the Australia v Germany game on the tvs (with sound on to boot!), and will likley hold the tasting till the game is over, so it'll actually be closer to 3:30. If you aren't planning on watching it anywhere else, come on down for 1:15 (I think that's opening kick-off).