Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

August Beer Tasting at Castro's - Sun Aug 15

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

chris_schryer

August Beer Tasting at Castro's - Sun Aug 15

Post by chris_schryer »

Hey everybody,

This Sunday, the 15th, we're doing our monthly beer tasting at Castro's Lounge, 2116e Queen St East, in the Beach. This one is a bit of a departure, we're tasting beer cocktails, to use the trendy term. Obviously, this event isn't going to appeal to hardline geeks, but if you fancy coming out and trying some interesting mixes, from a pretty standard Black and Tan, to a pretty funky Weisse concotion, things start at 3PM, and you get 8 samples for $30. PM me or call the bar (416)699-8272 to book a table. Walk-ins are always welcome.

Chris

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

This figures: first time in a while I actually get my act together and get a posting on Bartowel, and I get pneumonia. In the middle of the summer too. Anyways, sorry to say, we'll be cancelling this one, as I'm zero fun to be around right now, unless you like really sweaty grumpy people who cough violently every minute or so.

My apologies,
Chris

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Sorry to hear, Chris - hope you recover enough to come out to the Golden Taps next weekend.