Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Oak Announces "Bitter Day"

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Black Oak Announces "Bitter Day"

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Amidst all the fun and festivities of "Toronto Beer Week"
I stand upon the "Keg of Pronouncement" and declare that today Sept 21 is the official release of the latest batch of 10 Bitter Years.

It is available only from the Brewery Retail Store.
Hours of the store are:
Mon-Sat 10-4pm (exceptions are closing for an event)

This Saturday (Sept 25) we will be closed due to the Black Creek Pioneer Village beer fest. (Can't be in 2 places at once)
We will be unveiling a new product at Black Creek that we are very excited about. It will leave your palate clean and refreshed...but no more about that for now.

10 Bitter Years is available in bottles:
6-Pack $17.00
12-Pack $32.00
24-Box $60.00

No sampling will be done (so there will be more for everybody)

Once this batch sells out, you will have to wait patiently until the next batch is ready.
"Bitterer Day" will be when we run out.

We do have some stock of Summer Saison and Double Chocolate Cherry Stout available as well. Lots of Fresh Pale Ale but only a little bit of Nut Brown until the next batch is ready next week.

We've bottled up more than last batch, so there will be a few kegs going out to our favorite pubs.

I've also put a post on our Black Oak Facebook group thing (yes I'm still learning about this World-Wide-Cob-Web thing!!!)

Please enjoy this beer responsibly.

cheers
ken

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Hope there is some left tommorow
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Damn I am going to be in the area on saturday too. Looks like ill have to wait a little longer to give this one a try.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

icemachine wrote:Hope there is some left tommorow
I just picked up a case. There is plenty to go around (2 full skids of cases in the back). I am sure it will be around for a few weeks at least...

Milos

Post by Milos »

Just tapped a keg in the honour of James Watt hosting BrewDog Dinner here tonight.
So many beers and so little time!!

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Again
We still have some 10BY left in bottles for sale.
We'll be open this Saturday from 10-4pm
Sorry about last weekend but we had an event at Black Creek Pioneer Village

PS gotta stock up on some soap!!

cheers
ken

carguy

Post by carguy »

I'll be there Friday!