Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2010 - Oct 1 to Nov 1

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skaghevn

Cask Days 2010 - Oct 1 to Nov 1

Post by skaghevn »

Tickets go on sale starting; Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 @12:00pm -- http://www.caskdays.com/caskdays2010_pressrelease.pdf

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

thanks for the heads up. Anyone in the know: is the $5 online service charge a one-time for as many tickets/sessions as bought?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

skaghevn wrote:Tickets go on sale starting; Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 @12:00pm
Suddenly being unemployed has its benefits...

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

For those west of GTA or in the mood to travel, Cask West will occur on Friday Oct 22nd from 7 to 1030. It is the first event in our newly licenced hospitality room at Grand River Brewing that will feature casks from MacLean's Ales, F&M, Wellington, Railway City and ourselves. We are limited to 50 people for events and the $35 ticket gives you a pint glass, food from Strodes BBQ, two beer tickets and entry into the prize draws. Call Jane at 519-620-3233 if you're interested

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Rob Creighton wrote: For those west of GTA or in the mood to travel, Cask West will occur on Friday Oct 22nd from 7 to 1030. It is the first event in our newly licenced hospitality room at Grand River Brewing that will feature casks from MacLean's Ales, F&M, Wellington, Railway City and ourselves. We are limited to 50 people for events and the $35 ticket gives you a pint glass, food from Strodes BBQ, two beer tickets and entry into the prize draws. Call Jane at 519-620-3233 if you're interested
Just booked my tickets. Thanks for hosting this Rob. I'm excited to see the new facility and, more importantly, try your awesome beers on cask!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

just signed up for cask days west!
Last edited by matt7215 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

matt7215 wrote:just signed up for cak days west!

Ya'll know west is best!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

A Cask Days website Twitter from about 8 minutes ago says tickets go on sale at 2:00 tomorrow whereas the rest of the site says 12:00. Has it been changed or is 2pm a typo?

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

you think the 2 hours means a sell out of the few tickets per session?

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

The 2:00 tweet is gone. A new one from 40 minutes ago confirms 12:00.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Anyone else having trouble with http://www.caskdays.com/tickets ?
My browser is telling me the website doesn't exist! :o

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

biegaman wrote:Anyone else having trouble with http://www.caskdays.com/tickets ?
My browser is telling me the website doesn't exist! :o
That would be because the correct address is http://www.caskdays.com/tickets.html

The press release had it wrong.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

unless the website suddenly has a paypal link or equivalent at noon, it is just a promise of paying online

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

"The account you are trying to purchase tickets from is not able accept payments at this time. We have contacted the account owner with instructions on resolving the issue. " Oh, joy...

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

skaghevn wrote:"The account you are trying to purchase tickets from is not able accept payments at this time. We have contacted the account owner with instructions on resolving the issue. " Oh, joy...
Ya, it's not letting me buy any either. It won't even give me the option to get that far.