Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2010 - Oct 1 to Nov 1

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

skaghevn wrote:"The account you are trying to purchase tickets from is not able accept payments at this time. We have contacted the account owner with instructions on resolving the issue. " Oh, joy...
How'd you get that far? I don't even see a link to buy tickets.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I see no ticket links either... (does anxious side to side dance)

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

detritus wrote:
skaghevn wrote:"The account you are trying to purchase tickets from is not able accept payments at this time. We have contacted the account owner with instructions on resolving the issue. " Oh, joy...
How'd you get that far? I don't even see a link to buy tickets.
Tickets On Sale Now!! for #caskdays2010 online!!!! http://guestli.st/33177

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Is the Buy Tickets icon supposed to be clickable? I've been refreshing since two minutes before noon and it hasn't been clickable once.
lister

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

I keep re-entering my request, but get the same PayPal msg, and nothing is going through my PayPal account.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

The account you are trying to purchase tickets from is not able accept payments at this time. We have contacted the account owner with instructions on resolving the issue.

tried 2 different ways

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

lister wrote:Is the Buy Tickets icon supposed to be clickable? I've been refreshing since two minutes before noon and it hasn't been clickable once.
It probably should be linked, but your ISP may have the site cached, making an update slower to see, which is why I suspect they tweeted the link. Not so useful if you weren't looking at the tweet page though...

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

skaghevn wrote:Tickets On Sale Now!! for #caskdays2010 online!!!! http://guestli.st/33177
Okay, that is lame. The web site Buy Tickets button should be updated to go to that link. Not everyone follows twitter... :-?
lister

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

lister wrote:
skaghevn wrote:Tickets On Sale Now!! for #caskdays2010 online!!!! http://guestli.st/33177
Okay, that is lame. The web site Buy Tickets button should be updated to go to that link. Not everyone follows twitter... :-?
Not that it matters much since the payment page isn't working properly.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

I call dibs on 2 tickets for the 2nd session on Friday... :wink:

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I am trying to buy late saturday, but page expired as unresolved issue-not accepting any payments

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Well, this blows.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

It's an unfortunate start, but these things happen when you launch an event online for the first time. I know this isn't the proper forum for it, but I would hope that the Cask Days 2011 site will include a bit more of a heads-up as to how online ticket buying will be run, and that a dry run is completed with PayPal et al before releasing the URL to the public.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Uhm, not keen on bothering people who are likely busy enough dealing with the lunch crowd & tickets sales, but did just notice this little notice, and wondered if anyone has called:

Please call (416) 928 - 0008 if there are any questions or concerns.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Anyone with a twitter account tweet back that paypal isn't working? Or SMS whomever at Volo? Or use whatever other communication method the kids are using nowadays? :P

(Actually calling the restaurant would be pointless I presume...)
lister