Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mondial de la Biere 2011 in Montreal - June 10-12, 2011

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Get to Montreal on Monday and getting the hell out early on Friday before the zoo.

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Bobsy wrote:So who all is in for this? I'll be there Thursday onwards.
Going up with Bobsy - should be a fantastic time!

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

I'll be there Wednesday and Thursday. Going home Friday. The hotels are too damn expensive on Friday and Saturday. A lot of Formula 1 gouging going on.
The beer list looks impressive. I am curious about a lot of the Belgians.
A friend recommended the Cantillion Rose de Gambrinus and the Rodenbach Grand Cru. I can't wait to try them.

notdan

Post by notdan »

I plan on going Wednesday. Just gonna use the Greyhound and go for the day from Ottawa. My boss had no issue letting me off work for a beer festival :)

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

I'll be there wednesday to friday. I'll be wearing black Bières et Plaisirs workshirt with jeans, so if you see me come share a glass.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Wednesday only for me. I hope to spot some of you. I'll be the really good looking obnoxious one. :)
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

Going to be there Tuesday through Friday. First real visit to Montreal where I'll get to explore all around. Staying near DDC and have been compiling an extensive list of food and drink to make sure I take in.

I've read Depanneur Peluso is likely my best bet for bottle purchases, but since i'm bussing I can only bring a limited hull back. Any recommendations of what are the best bottles (perhaps seasonals) to pick up while i'm down there. A fan of all styles.

*heard about the DDC Shaman being recently released, hoping to get some of that

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Gonna be there bright and early whe it opens on wednesday. I'll be the goof in the pair of Ian Poulter black tartan golf shorts. Snagged them at Winners this weekend, regular, $125, for $35, SCORE, or EAGLE!

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Just got back, had a great time. Went wed and thurs. By 4 on thursday it was getting pretty full, but with the new venue it wasn't too bad to get around. The only problem I had was trying to tell the people working the petit pubs what beer i wanted. Everything seemed to be set up ok but it would be nice if they put beer styles next to the beers especially in the petit pubs, my wife was getting pissy that I kept stealing her phone to find out about beers on the rating sites.

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

LondonBeer wrote: Everything seemed to be set up ok but it would be nice if they put beer styles next to the beers especially in the petit pubs, my wife was getting pissy that I kept stealing her phone to find out about beers on the rating sites.

The Petit pubs had a binder at the end of the counter with a description of each beer grouped by brewery. Most of the descriptions were thorough but some beers had just the name of the beer.
I was there Wednesday and Thursday as well. Great beer selection again this year. Mixed feelings about the new venue. A lot more space, and room to expand. More seating, thats a good thing. But I found it very noisy and it was a shame they couldn't have an outdoor courtyard. The weather was so nice.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Cagiva650 wrote:
LondonBeer wrote: Everything seemed to be set up ok but it would be nice if they put beer styles next to the beers especially in the petit pubs, my wife was getting pissy that I kept stealing her phone to find out about beers on the rating sites.

The Petit pubs had a binder at the end of the counter with a description of each beer grouped by brewery. Most of the descriptions were thorough but some beers had just the name of the beer.
I was there Wednesday and Thursday as well. Great beer selection again this year. Mixed feelings about the new venue. A lot more space, and room to expand. More seating, thats a good thing. But I found it very noisy and it was a shame they couldn't have an outdoor courtyard. The weather was so nice.
Guess i didn't look too hard, didn't even notice the binder. Will have to remember for next time. About the venue, I like the more space thing but not being able to sit outside kind of sucked.